Bayern Munich (H) - CL QF | Post Match Thread

It was an absorbing game to be at and watch. Such a high technical quality and can understand where Tuchel was coming from.

Bayern were very good and on another day, could have scored three themselves, got their wide attacking formation just right.

Tie is certainly not over, but we are too good not to score, certainly with them having to go full velocity against us.

I don't really subscribe to the hyperbole that it was our best ever performance, but it was not far off.

The lads at the back were just immense and but for a couple of handling errors, I thought Ederson could have made better choices on, it was 1-11, brilliant.

We looked a lot better once Haaland played closer to our midfield and Alvarez continues to show he is a fantastic player.

Bernie and Rodri were just on a different planet.

Last edited:
My first comment since the game. Amazing atmosphere even though them fuckers were unbelievably loud. I mean the loudest I’ve heard in forty plus years of watching football. The way we battled head on through that first half gale was impressive. at the end they were rattled, they played well, very well but walked away with a 3-0 defeat and it could have been more. At 4-0 I would say it was job done but not at 3-0. Every single City player was brilliant, BUT, we were very open down our right, their left. Leroy made runs and most of the time they didn’t find him soon enough giving us chance to get back in numbers. Eddie‘s save was a tie winner as was Rubén’s goal saving block. I was chuffed when Alvarez came on, he’s such a bundle of energy, plus great corners! I can see Walker being involved in the second leg to stem that flow down the right, Pep may even go for a back five. Last night we played with patience but also knew we had to force it in the end to get a decent lead. Let’s get this done.

We put them to the sword! Simple as that.

Yeah, it was close with the score at 1-0 for a while, and yeah, they had a few chances to equalize; but they didn't! They're a top team and we didn't reduced them to scoring NIL, and we didn't really have ANY major let off's either. Just top players having top games.

We scored 3, and despite saying that, their keeper still had a VERY decent game. We could've buried them and nobody could've complained about us deserving it IMO.

At least 9/10 for every single player. Chuffed for them 'cause it looked like it took a LOT of effort, but game plan learnt and then applied, pretty much perfectly. Well done lads.

Getting scouser-like "this is our year" vibes with this one this year, because Haaland is 100% the key in this competition for us. We've just added an extra dimension to an already VERY decent "European Competition Team" and when it properly clicks like last night, we're very, VERY good.
Agreed about the Haaland part, whether he’s a distraction for defenders or causing destruction, the guy is a menace and teams fear him, last nights assist was brilliant and his goal well taken, he won’t be going to Germany for anything other than blood

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.