Bayern Munich (H) - CL QF | Post Match Thread

Sky keep showing Haaland swinging his shirt around his head after scoring, which I can't recall during the match. Was it just stock footage, or did Haaland do this last night & get booked?

Also, Cancelo got the reception the miserable twat deserved! :-)
If he did - he'd have been sent off - already on a yellow I think.

Absolutely, football can make strange things happen. They are a good side and if anyone switches off they could sneak an early goal. Take the sting out of the game stay compact and get to half time, then go looking for number four.
The main thing is one goal from us more or less kills the game, and they need to attack us which will inevitably give us space. If we are even half as street wise as we were last night we should be ok, but I'm not taking anything for granted.

And not a single natural full back amongst them.
Does make a mockery of the ‘Pep signs £50M fullbacks every transfer window’ it’s like whatever narrative the press come out with he smashes it to pieces, because he can! I so want us to win the CL for him and I think the players are the same, in fact right now I’d prefer it to another PL, something I never ever thought I’d say

Most of that was in Bayern's half up to their ⅔ mark. We were happy for them to have the ball there, because the ball was too far away to pose us a threat.

Very mature of us. Conserve your energy & concentration, & spring into action when the opportunity presents itself...
Seeing where they had to shoot from tells the story best. They only got close to our goal with headers, and only one of those from open play.

The narrative seems to be that this was different but I don't think this is any different than we've done before. We've made it to the final before, we've made it to the semi finals twice before.

We've beat Madrid in this competition over two legs. We've beat PSG over two legs. Athletico the same. Dortmund. Now we've beat Bayern at home. We're battle tested - it's about winning it now, but for the past 8 years except one we've put ourselves in the last 8 or better.

Its only because it is us that not winning it treated as a "failure". No other team gets that label. All we can ask is that we keep giving ourselves a chance to win. And we do that. Hopefully this year we put this to bed, but if we don't it won't be a failure. We just go again.

One little irritation last night and other games to is our throw ins. We seem to take ages to chuck it in and seemingly to an opposition player.
Was pissing me off too, we seem useless at them.
At one point in the second half, we conceded a chance to our own throw in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.