Bayern Munich @ Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
cleavers said:
Puppet Master Silva said:
cleavers said:
So the bottom line is you only want easy games, or you're not interested ?

Crazy how people read what they want sometimes.
Not really, it was genuine question, given the teams you name.

What I'd really like is for us to play well and win the games we should, but even if we don't, I won't give up on supporting City.

You've mentioned that. I'd like us to get through the group because I support City, not the Champions League. If that means playing easier teams then why the fuck would I care? As I've said I've got better things to spend my money on at this time of year than another CL game that I won't enjoy, if by only going to 30 games this season that means I'm "giving up on City", alright then. Stop trying to tell people how they should and shouldn't support City.

Marvin said:
Who are the best players in the European game:

Robben, Muller, Neymar, Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Ibrahimovic, Aguero, Costa

What single competition do they play in?

hard to believe that some City fans are still trying to denigrate the football.

Our football has been way below par. But don't go and rubbish the competition to hide our own failings

I couldn't give a fuck about any of those names. And I couldn't give a fuck about a below par performance.

All I care about is City as a team playing against a other team in any competition. I used to think Europa was special till I found out what it was all about once in it. And used to think the same about Champions League till now.

So don't tell me how I should view the competition.

cleavers said:
Crazy how people read what they want sometimes.
Not really, it was genuine question, given the teams you name.

What I'd really like is for us to play well and win the games we should, but even if we don't, I won't give up on supporting City.

You've mentioned that. I'd like us to get through the group because I support City, not the Champions League. If that means playing easier teams then why the fuck would I care? As I've said I've got better things to spend my money on at this time of year than another CL game that I won't enjoy, if by only going to 30 games this season that means I'm "giving up on City", alright then. Stop trying to tell people how they should and shouldn't support City.

Spot on.

Stop trying to tell people how they should and shouldn't support City.
Ironic really, but when has our core support ever picked and chose when we should or shouldn't support the club ?

I chose to support City, and that's it, I've never looked for conditions that suit my mood, and don't get me wrong, I've often found it hard to justify that support, and the cost of it.

cleavers said:
Ironic really, but when has our core support ever picked and chose when we should or shouldn't support the club ?

I chose to support City, and that's it, I've never looked for conditions that suit my mood, and don't get me wrong, I've often found it hard to justify that support, and the cost of it.

I don't think you know what ironic means.

cleavers said:

Go on then enlighten me, you're one (of many it seems) to have conditions on what supporting the cub is all about, and not playing well in the champions league appears to be one of them from your posts.

cleavers said:
cleavers said:

Go on then enlighten me, you're one (of many it seems) to have conditions on what supporting the cub is all about, and not playing well in the champions league appears to be one of them from your posts.

I've not told anyone what they should or shouldn't be doing. That would be you.

I've not told anyone what they should or shouldn't be doing. That would be you.
People do what they want, nothing I can do, other than comment, they will please themselves.

I just think if you support the club there shouldn't be conditions, there never were when we were in the lower leagues, and shite, well not for me anyway.

Am i missing something with regards to the anti-UEFA stance? The only thing i can think of is the fine relating to us failing FFP.

Arguments can be made about the size of the fine & what UEFA have done with the money, but should we care (the club can afford it after all)?! PSG got fined too and give the middle finger by buying Luiz for 50m straight after..we bough Mangala for 30m+, so its not like its held us back (I don't think we or anyone else should be spending hundreds of millions every transfer window anyway).

Is it refereeing decisions?? As some people have already pointed out, shit decisions get made in all competitions against all teams.

The simple fact is, City haven't been good enough in the competition, its frustrating, but one day the tide will turn.

City vs Bayern with qualification to the next round to play for is a big game & should be treated as such from us, the supporters.

I must admit I like being the underdog in the champions league and hope the team steps up to it, but for some fans I think they have lost the fight for it.

The Blue said:
Am i missing something with regards to the anti-UEFA stance? The only thing i can think of is the fine relating to us failing FFP.

Arguments can be made about the size of the fine & what UEFA have done with the money, but should we care (the club can afford it after all)?! PSG got fined too and give the middle finger by buying Luiz for 50m straight after..we bough Mangala for 30m+, so its not like its held us back (I don't think we or anyone else should be spending hundreds of millions every transfer window anyway).

Is it refereeing decisions?? As some people have already pointed out, shit decisions get made in all competitions against all teams.

The simple fact is, City haven't been good enough in the competition, its frustrating, but one day the tide will turn.

City vs Bayern with qualification to the next round to play for is a big game & should be treated as such from us, the supporters.

I must admit I like being the underdog in the champions league and hope the team steps up to it, but for some fans I think they have lost the fight for it.

If the seeding wasn't bent we wouldn't be playing Bayern Munich yet again.

"It's a fucking disgrace."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.