Bayern Munich @ Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
dobobobo said:
The Blue said:
Am i missing something with regards to the anti-UEFA stance? The only thing i can think of is the fine relating to us failing FFP.

Arguments can be made about the size of the fine & what UEFA have done with the money, but should we care (the club can afford it after all)?! PSG got fined too and give the middle finger by buying Luiz for 50m straight after..we bough Mangala for 30m+, so its not like its held us back (I don't think we or anyone else should be spending hundreds of millions every transfer window anyway).

Is it refereeing decisions?? As some people have already pointed out, shit decisions get made in all competitions against all teams.

The simple fact is, City haven't been good enough in the competition, its frustrating, but one day the tide will turn.

City vs Bayern with qualification to the next round to play for is a big game & should be treated as such from us, the supporters.

I must admit I like being the underdog in the champions league and hope the team steps up to it, but for some fans I think they have lost the fight for it.

If the seeding wasn't bent we wouldn't be playing Bayern Munich yet again.

"It's a fucking disgrace."

If that's my post draw reaction then its because i was hoping to travel to somewhere different watching City this year. On reflection it is a draw and we could have easily got Benfica, Porto or Atletico from pot 1 all grounds that i haven't been to and my reaction would have been quite different...it still hasn't deterred me from going to at least the home games.
I still don't believe the draw is "bent"..it was the seedings which were bringing up repetitive draws, like Arsenal & Dortmund...which has since been changed, Do you really think they'd have changed the draw for our benefit?

cleavers said:
Puppet Master Silva said:
I've not told anyone what they should or shouldn't be doing. That would be you.
People do what they want, nothing I can do, other than comment, they will please themselves.

I just think if you support the club there shouldn't be conditions, there never were when we were in the lower leagues, and shite, well not for me anyway.

The assumption here seems to be that "supporting the club" equates exactly and only to "going to watch the team play", which tbf, is a pretty reasonable assumption, but although its the main way, it isn't the only way. If I'm buying replica kit etc, subscribing to sky (who pay the club), or watching a match in the pub, I still remain a city supporter don't I?

ha ha ha the champions league haters are back with their 3rd division thinking. its going to be tough for you guys cos we are going to be competing in it every year for now.

just cos i enjoy watching City in the champions league doesnt make me an uber blue, a tourist or whatever,like many i enjoy watching City in any competition , whether its against Bayern or Barnsley .

you haters are welcome to your views however misguided they are, at first i got angry now they just make me chuckle.
My view is the champions league is one of the biggest club competitions in the world, and i dont care what you anti,s think.
even though we are playing shit in the comp, i still love it .

i went through the 90s and 00s watching all these great players and clubs, thinking i would love my team to be part of it but never thought i would, it would be very hypocritical of me to think it was a pile of shite just cos my team are not doing so well.

We will get there in the end.

The Blue said:
dobobobo said:
The Blue said:
Am i missing something with regards to the anti-UEFA stance? The only thing i can think of is the fine relating to us failing FFP.

Arguments can be made about the size of the fine & what UEFA have done with the money, but should we care (the club can afford it after all)?! PSG got fined too and give the middle finger by buying Luiz for 50m straight after..we bough Mangala for 30m+, so its not like its held us back (I don't think we or anyone else should be spending hundreds of millions every transfer window anyway).

Is it refereeing decisions?? As some people have already pointed out, shit decisions get made in all competitions against all teams.

The simple fact is, City haven't been good enough in the competition, its frustrating, but one day the tide will turn.

City vs Bayern with qualification to the next round to play for is a big game & should be treated as such from us, the supporters.

I must admit I like being the underdog in the champions league and hope the team steps up to it, but for some fans I think they have lost the fight for it.

If that's my post draw reaction then its because i was hoping to travel to somewhere different watching City this year. On reflection it is a draw and we could have easily got Benfica, Porto or Atletico from pot 1 all grounds that i haven't been to and my reaction would have been quite different...it still hasn't deterred me from going to at least the home games.
I still don't believe the draw is "bent"..it was the seedings which were bringing up repetitive draws, like Arsenal & Dortmund...which has since been changed, Do you really think they'd have changed the draw for our benefit?

No and I know they have changed the it, so why didn't they changed it last season and the season before that?

It aint just football fans saying this, sound football journalists have been saying the same.

deafmanstevo said:
ha ha ha the champions league haters are back with their 3rd division thinking. its going to be tough for you guys cos we are going to be competing in it every year for now.

just cos i enjoy watching City in the champions league doesnt make me an uber blue, a tourist or whatever,like many i enjoy watching City in any competition , whether its against Bayern or Barnsley .

you haters are welcome to your views however misguided they are, at first i got angry now they just make me chuckle.
My view is the champions league is one of the biggest club competitions in the world, and i dont care what you anti,s think.

i went through the 90s and 00s watching all these great players and clubs, thinking i would love my team to be part of it but never thought i would, it would be very hypocritical of me to think it was a pile of shite just cos my team are not doing so well.

Well as long as you still love it everything's all fine then....

deafmanstevo said:

You write so much but still fail to make note of the posts that state our dislike of the competition has nothing to do with City's performance in it.

Sloppyjoshua said:
deafmanstevo said:

Well as long as you still love it everything's all fine then....

This^^^^^^^^

chesterbells said:
cleavers said:
Puppet Master Silva said:
I've not told anyone what they should or shouldn't be doing. That would be you.
People do what they want, nothing I can do, other than comment, they will please themselves.

I just think if you support the club there shouldn't be conditions, there never were when we were in the lower leagues, and shite, well not for me anyway.

The assumption here seems to be that "supporting the club" equates exactly and only to "going to watch the team play", which tbf, is a pretty reasonable assumption, but although its the main way, it isn't the only way. If I'm buying replica kit etc, subscribing to sky (who pay the club), or watching a match in the pub, I still remain a city supporter don't I?

Do you fuck. Just another plastic like the rags get. Bet your kit is snide and your sky box chipped.

Get to the ground and sing like the rest of us.

dobobobo said:
The Blue said:
dobobobo said:

No and I know they have changed the it, so why didn't they changed it last season and the season before that?

It aint just football fans saying this, sound football journalists have been saying the same.

But what difference does it make? We were one goal away from topping the group last year!! Whatever stage of the tournament we are going to face tougher opposition, city as a club should by now have the balls to stand up to them and compete. Its the top-down defeatist attitude which is the whole problem with us in the competition. Its the excuse finding which is feeding the mediocrity.

dobobobo said:
Marvin said:
Who are the best players in the European game:

Robben, Muller, Neymar, Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez, Ibrahimovic, Aguero, Costa

What single competition do they play in?

hard to believe that some City fans are still trying to denigrate the football.

Our football has been way below par. But don't go and rubbish the competition to hide our own failings

I couldn't give a fuck about any of those names. And I couldn't give a fuck about a below par performance.

All I care about is City as a team playing against a other team in any competition. I used to think Europa was special till I found out what it was all about once in it. And used to think the same about Champions League till now.

So don't tell me how I should view the competition.

so you dont give a fuck about any of those names, so you dont give a fuck about Aguero then.

So all you care about is City as team against an other team in ANY competition, but you dont cos as youve said you dont give a shit about the champions league.

Dont worry Dobobobo, i will let you off , you prob had a couple;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.