Bayern Munich v MCFC Post match Discussion thread

Joga Bonito said:
bosanka said:
blabla long post bla bla
3. mancini tactics: well, I guess it's the italian way. you see you're down two to nil, and instead of trying to even the score when you've still got 20 minutes, you think attacking players out defenders in because you don't want to be three or more down. I don't understand that. maybe it's just me. in comparison, the minnows, bloody basel, were two down and came back from that against the scum. I mean, basel. and that's the attitude I wish I'd seen with MCFC.

This isn't FIFA buddy, you can't just throw in extra attackers and think that's going to change the game. If you could every manager would play with 6 or 8 up front.

Get ready to be smashed at the Etihad, your team will be really cocky

I never said that the sub should have been defense out offense in. it was taking out the center forward and bringing on a DM. and at that point, you already know (you've been told at half-time, when he refused to warm up) you won't have anyone to replace the forward you took out. so you've either decided to try and maintain -2, or you believe the team who haven't shown anything in the past 20-30 minutes can score from midfield.

oh, and also... who are 'my cocky team' anyway?

FAULT: Defence - This is the reason why we lost to Bayern Munich - Kolo and Clchy especially
FAULT: - Attacking options - watch Riberys feeding 'the Bayern Goat' - he shot from 40 yards and gomez poached the residue - we need to learn this set-up

We have nothing to fear - we were beat in a very entertaining game by a fabulous football team, who in all fairnesss, were so comfortable and assured looking in their play.

RE: Tevez - I believe the board and Chair will back Bobby to the hilt and severely discipline this sort of behaviour. Fine him a years wages and place him on the EDS bench for that year with no games. Sell him to the first bidder with £30m to spare. Thank you Carlos for your excellent service (No more than two years) but get to fuck forever.

I blame football manager for this shit
<br /><br />-- Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:11 pm --<br /><br />
Wheelie said:
he shot from 40 yards and gomez poached the residue - we need to learn this set-up
Mancini said we spent 4 days drilling this exact scenario.

waspish said:
what I worry now is that Bayern will ease up when playing Napolli...We need Bayern to take points of them

Forget that. They might ease up as soon the task is finished. As Napoli is game 3 and 4 it will not be like this.

Read on a Bayern forum just now that if they're already top and qualified by then, when they play us, they could play the kids.

Thought the main problem was we gave the ball away too easily which meant it just kept coming back putting the defeence under pressure.
Gave away to very poor goals, it can't be right when your keeper makes two world class saves for each of the goals.
Where were also just poor other than the first 30 minutes and didn't work anywhere near hard enough.
Thought the ref was poor, some of decisions???????????? Two fouls in the box, no pen? Challenge for the ball, free kick to bayern?
I can now see why the subs where made, I'm asuming it kicked off at half time hence the complete lack of interest/distraction.
Hopefully the little bastard will never play for us again or for any other club for that matter. He will have plenty of time to see his family now.<br /><br />-- Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:41 am --<br /><br />
bosanka said:
Joga Bonito said:
bosanka said:
blabla long post bla bla
3. mancini tactics: well, I guess it's the italian way. you see you're down two to nil, and instead of trying to even the score when you've still got 20 minutes, you think attacking players out defenders in because you don't want to be three or more down. I don't understand that. maybe it's just me. in comparison, the minnows, bloody basel, were two down and came back from that against the scum. I mean, basel. and that's the attitude I wish I'd seen with MCFC.

This isn't FIFA buddy, you can't just throw in extra attackers and think that's going to change the game. If you could every manager would play with 6 or 8 up front.

Get ready to be smashed at the Etihad, your team will be really cocky

I never said that the sub should have been defense out offense in. it was taking out the center forward and bringing on a DM. and at that point, you already know (you've been told at half-time, when he refused to warm up) you won't have anyone to replace the forward you took out. so you've either decided to try and maintain -2, or you believe the team who haven't shown anything in the past 20-30 minutes can score from midfield.

oh, and also... who are 'my cocky team' anyway?
Righto fuckwit, DE jong on to steady the ship as we were getting over run. The idea was then to bring on "he who cannot be named", but seeing that "he who cannot be named" wouldn't play it kind of fucked up. We did not play well and the better team on the night won, but if that is the best you have when we finally hit form you are fucked. There was nothing in your team that I thought was special as we were our own undoing. We can also do what we want when we're getting protection from the referee as it seemed even fair tackles earned you free kicks.
As I say best team on the night won, so well played.
I would have liked to have progressed beyond the group stage but if it doesn't happen I can live with that. It is a huge learning curve

in comparison, the minnows, bloody basel, were two down and came back from that against the scum. I mean, basel. and that's the attitude I wish I'd seen with MCFC.

I maybe should not tell this - but their coach, Thorsten Fink, was the won that came in for Matthaeus in the CL finals against ManU at Camp Nou in 1999...

He might have gotten his little revenge... ;)<br /><br />-- Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:51 am --<br /><br />
Jumanji said:
Read on a Bayern forum just now that if they're already top and qualified by then, when they play us, they could play the kids.

They are not an English team. Every win gives you extra money from UEFA and extra points for the UEFA-rankings.

Cini Man said:
How many players do we have to ship out before we get it right.
So far just the dead wood.

The question has to be asked has Mancini got the management skills for the job? If he has he has to prove it and now.
Yes, have you forgot we won the FA Cup last season and qualified for The CL for the first ime in our history.

Make no mistake this is his last stand.
Do you mean tevez? Mancini will not be going otherwise his reaction would not have gone on the official website.

We can not continue to have this kind of problem with players lining up to have a go at the Manager and undermining his authority.
That's right we can't, which is why we get behind Mancini and get rid of tevez.

I expect Dzeko to be upset I would not be happy if he strolled off laughing but his performance against Everton and tonight were very poor. Yes you can say he needs better service but don't act like a prat when you are having a mare.
I expect that there will be an interview where Edin says he just wanted to play, he has apologised to the manager and all is OK.

Mancini was absolutely seething with anger after seeign Dzekos reaction to being subbed, the scenes showed Kidd restraining him from going over and having a word.

Ragnarok said:
Mancini was absolutely seething with anger after seeign Dzekos reaction to being subbed, the scenes showed Kidd restraining him from going over and having a word.
Yep, Dzeko is at 4:09

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSAC14bAnNU[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.