Bayern show us 'the way'.

BIG DONKEY said:
Jumanji said:
Jackson-ctid said:
Fast wingers on either side of a 1 man attack require a strong target man, considering Aguero is our best striker and Balotelli probably 2nd to him, neither has as good an eye for goal as Dzeko in the air. This would then involve an attacking 4 of:

---------Dzeko---------
Hazard---Silva---Lavezzi

Because if you put either Aguero or Balo in there, we'd soon be complaining that our strikers aren't good in the air
Balls don't have to be whipped in the air.

A good cross can also be played on the ground if your striker doesn't pose an aerial threat.

See:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfi_jTChCEU[/youtube]

Good post. Also remember Aguero's crucial goal against Villarreal. For some reason people automatically assume width and wingers = lumping random balls into the box.

Width would add an extra dimension to the attacking play that we have been lacking away from home
Definitely. :-)

Dirty Harry said:
Tevez City said:
117 M34 said:
Wingers is a bit of an old school method of playing football.

You should tell Ferguson that, that his method is very old.
quote]

Are you suggesting Bacon invented the winger system ? Wingers are as old as the game itself.

For me Lovecity makes the most important point "They always have people available on the flanks" Wingers 'per se' aren't exactly needed, it's just a more positive style, what is important is that we get quality delivery from wide areas, we always look far more dangerous when the likes of Micah are overlapping and whipping the ball in, even with two wingers the Rags still use Evra and whoever is right-back to put in quality from wide areas, they just overload the flanks to make sure that happens (and hence why Bobby has gone for a back 5 at times when defending against them).

No I didn't mean that, and I am not old enough to know who invent that system.

What I am saying is that Feguson is using the system and he showed to everyone how effective it is.

He may lacks World Class players in some positions but he never lacks world class wingers in his team because he know they are the SPARK of his team.

It was Giggs, then Ronaldo and now Nani.

And in addition to that he have other very good wingers such as Valenica and Ashley Young.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.