Bayern show us 'the way'.

If you're happy with europa league and 2nd place then thats fine pal

but to compete in the champions league and fight for titles you need wingers and width. every team has them

barca, alexis, cuenca, pedro

man utd, young, valencia, nani

bayern, robben, ribery

We don't even need a big name. A simple winger with pace and can whip in a decent ball is all we need. The rags has scored a lot of their goals from the wing and that is mostly due to Valencia. He has burst of acceleration and 9 out of 10 times whips in a ball for Shrek to get his head on. Dzeko could be our main target man whilst Sergio can feed off any scrapes. The rags have accumulate many wingers just for this simple reason. Madrid have Di Maria, Bayern have Ribery/Robben and Napoli have the player I want. I demand Lavezzi. If not I would settle with Messi.

Thenumber1blue said:
Do Barcelona play with wingers? they are the best team i've seen in my lifetime!

They always have people available on the flanks. Dani Alves is their right-back and spends most of his time in the opposite half as a winger. Pedro and Sanchez are also wingers, as is the new boy Cuenca who is impressing so much. Oh, and Afellay but he is out injured for the season.

Weiss could be doing a job for us right now, he's hardly a grade A winger but will run at defenders and get balls into the box.

LoveCity said:
Thenumber1blue said:
Do Barcelona play with wingers? they are the best team i've seen in my lifetime!

They always have people available on the flanks. Dani Alves is their right-back and spends most of his time in the opposite half as a winger. Pedro and Sanchez are also wingers, as is the new boy Cuenca who is impressing so much.
Maybe we should be looking at our full backs then for more quality!

LoveCity said:
Thenumber1blue said:

They always have people available on the flanks. Dani Alves is their right-back and spends most of his time in the opposite half as a winger. Pedro and Sanchez are also wingers, as is the new boy Cuenca who is impressing so much.

The presence of Alves is key as he allows space to open up in the middle. Barcelona are one of the most versatile teams in world football. If they can't break down a team through the middle, they could always resort to crossing in balls.

Thenumber1blue said:
LoveCity said:
Thenumber1blue said:

Maybe we should be looking at our full backs then for more quality!
Who will put our fullbacks through on goal when Silva is double-teamed and Yaya's attempts are being intercepted?

This is why having one player that can beat a man on his own will be useful.

That said, I would look for a midfielder in the Pizarro sort of mould before I'd consider changing fullbacks. We only have two creative players that can put a player through on goal. I don't even need to name them.

If we can get our fullbacks behind the defensive line with more consistency, we would see many man more clear cut chances.

LoveCity said:
Thenumber1blue said:

They always have people available on the flanks. Dani Alves is their right-back and spends most of his time in the opposite half as a winger. Pedro and Sanchez are also wingers, as is the new boy Cuenca who is impressing so much. Oh, and Afellay but he is out injured for the season.

Weiss could be doing a job for us right now, he's hardly a grade A winger but will run at defenders and get balls into the box.

don't forget tello (who looks awesome)

they have wingers in abundance

Jonathan1979 said:
The ox and Hazard. ;)
I'm not that fast anymore, however, I could still do a job as a battering ram forward like I was back in the day in the Wythenshawe Prem :)
Agreed though - good shout !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.