Bayern show us 'the way'.

LoveCity said:
Thenumber1blue said:
Do Barcelona play with wingers? they are the best team i've seen in my lifetime!

They always have people available on the flanks. Dani Alves is their right-back and spends most of his time in the opposite half as a winger. Pedro and Sanchez are also wingers, as is the new boy Cuenca who is impressing so much. Oh, and Afellay but he is out injured for the season.

Weiss could be doing a job for us right now, he's hardly a grade A winger but will run at defenders and get balls into the box.

Villa too when fit and now add Tello and before long Deulefeu

I'd like to see us 'do a Bayern' tomorrow and give Lisbon a fucking good pasting for having the impudence to beat us at theirs (basically exactly what Bayern did last night, gave them a smacked bottom).

Take the leash off Bob, and let us go at em tomorrow.

Wingers is a bit of an old school method of playing football.

Having players who can cross the ball when in a wide position is great though i.e. Milner could drift out wide when the opportunity arises to cross a ball into the area. Movement off the ball and versatility is the key in modern football - I reckon!

117 M34 said:

You should tell Ferguson that, that his method is very old.

I don't know why Mancini is trying to "reinvent the wheel", IF you want to win the EPL constantly, then you should have to buy two world class wingers or 3 & you should start them week in week out.

117 M34 said:
Bollocks. Nearly every top team plays with wingers.

It's just that wingers nowadays are more versed and instead hammering speculative balls in the box, they tend to beat players to get behind the defensive line and make something happen.

LoveCity said:
Thenumber1blue said:
Do Barcelona play with wingers? they are the best team i've seen in my lifetime!

They always have people available on the flanks. Dani Alves is their right-back and spends most of his time in the opposite half as a winger. Pedro and Sanchez are also wingers, as is the new boy Cuenca who is impressing so much. Oh, and Afellay but he is out injured for the season.

Weiss could be doing a job for us right now, he's hardly a grade A winger but will run at defenders and get balls into the box.

Well said.

Plus, centrally they also have fabulous passing ability and one Lionel Messi, who is capable of taking out 4 or 5 defenders at once if they perhaps are lacking any width. That kind of thing helps.

Tevez City said:
117 M34 said:

I don't know why Mancini is trying to "reinvent the wheel", IF you want to win the EPL constantly, then you should have to buy two world class wingers or 3 & you should start them week in week out.
RAG

Dzeko's Right Boot said:
Is this the same Bayern that were second last season and are 5 points behind first this season? Yeah, let's replicate them…

Well, yeah we should replicate Europe's ugliest bunch, appoint their chief Mr Monk Jupp, if want to improve .......... here's hope

Tevez City said:

Say the FOOL

Tevez City said:
117 M34 said:

quote]

Are you suggesting Bacon invented the winger system ? Wingers are as old as the game itself.

For me Lovecity makes the most important point "They always have people available on the flanks" Wingers 'per se' aren't exactly needed, it's just a more positive style, what is important is that we get quality delivery from wide areas, we always look far more dangerous when the likes of Micah are overlapping and whipping the ball in, even with two wingers the Rags still use Evra and whoever is right-back to put in quality from wide areas, they just overload the flanks to make sure that happens (and hence why Bobby has gone for a back 5 at times when defending against them).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.