Bayern v City post match thread

Pelligrini still doesnt know his 'is' 'was' and 'if' yet, it would be very ignorant to think the manager would fall on something so stupid.

Pretty sure he said something like 'Yes it was tempting to go for 4 goals that's why i was warming up aguero but it was more important to protect Silva'

So proud of the team. Tremendous character shown and a real determination to see out a positive result that I haven't seen in ages. Well done boys!!

I don't blame Pellegrini for that because it's not exactly obvious, but someone surely should have piped up.

I think it is clear from his comments MP thought we needed 2 goals not one. Bad mistake. Most fans knew we needed one and were wondering why aguero was not put on.

Pigeonho said:
Ubiquitous said:
The media are going to be all over him for this. He's going to get the AVB treatment.
Fortunately he's not a kid so will deal with it just fine. It was fucking bizarre though! Imagine if moyes had said that?!

Taken out of context, I think the bit they re-showed was lost in translation. Add in the bit about Silva only being able to play 70 minutes and it makes a little more sense. Either way I couldn't give a shit because we just beat Bayern in the CL at their own ground and if we want to go far in the CL we're going to have to play the top teams anyway.

Bluemanc100 said:
Bellamyend said:
OMG he thought we needed two more goals!!!! FFS

Poor English mate, he meant he'd try Sergio to get the 4th.... Don't lower yourself to this fucking rabble's level on Sky

No mate. He said he would have put Aguero on if we had scored a fourth. He then said it was not worth trying to get TWO more goals as we have an important game ahead on weekend

It looks like MP misunderstood the permutations but we have still beaten Bayern Munich away from home with lots of our best players missing! Yes we were so close but focus on the positives!! Nobody will want to play us in the next round. Hope we get Atletico Madrid or PSG next round as it is our best chance of getting through - as much as I would like the glamour ties, the best option is for us to get the easiest way of getting through. Then, IF we get through, we can play English teams who I think we would beat any of them over 2 legs. Bring it on!

JTDL said:
Don't think he misunderstood think everyone's getting a bit excited. Think he meant 'yes it was tempting to go for 4 goals that's why i was warming up aguero but it was more important to protect Silva' but he used the word 'is' which makes it sound slightly different. No way he didn't understand the rules.

This.

The guy's a fucking qualified engineer; I doubt simple maths is beyond him.

proudbear said:
Pelligrini still doesnt know his 'is' 'was' and 'if' yet, it would be very ignorant to think the manager would fall on something so stupid.

Pretty sure he said something like 'Yes it was tempting to go for 4 goals that's why i was warming up aguero but it was more important to protect Silva'

Then after that he said "but it's very difficult to score two goals".

There is no mistake in translation, he meant what he said.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.