Bayern v City post match thread

MCFC-alan88 said:
Pigeonho said:
Ubiquitous said:
The media are going to be all over him for this. He's going to get the AVB treatment.
Fortunately he's not a kid so will deal with it just fine. It was fucking bizarre though! Imagine if moyes had said that?!

Taken out of context, I think the bit they re-showed was lost in translation. Add in the bit about Silva only being able to play 70 minutes and it makes a little more sense. Either way I couldn't give a shit because we just beat Bayern in the CL at their own ground and if we want to go far in the CL we're going to have to play the top teams anyway.
Dunno, it sounded like he fucked up. The subs would suggest so too. It's no skin off my nose, I'm proud of the team and we go into the knockouts with teams fearing us, but people will moan about what the media will say, and on this pellets has made a rod for his own back.

He had 2 strikers on the pitch at the end. SKY can fuck right off. Trying to turn our performance into a negative. The players knew what was needed. Negredo scores near the end and we top the group. All of them can fuck off on SKY.

MSP said:
If he really didn't know that 4th tops the group thanit is embarrassing.

And to be honest, watching the Rodwell sub and lack of push for 4th it might be a true.

It's definitely true. I watched the replay of the interview, hoping for a different interpretation. At first it seems ok, and then he went on and said needing 2 goals.

There can be no doubt, he thought we needed 5-2.

Marvin said:
MSP said:

And to be honest, watching the Rodwell sub and lack of push for 4th it might be a true.
That was my impression too

Can someone confirm what the rules are?

I know it's head to head, but would 4-2 trump 3-1? I haen't got Sky so don't know how they explained it.

4-2 wins the group 100%

Marvin said:
MSP said:

That was my impression too

Can someone confirm what the rules are?

I know it's head to head, but would 4-2 trump 3-1? I haen't got Sky so don't know how they explained it.

Of course it would, away goals count when it's head to head.

JTDL said:
Don't think he misunderstood think everyone's getting a bit excited. Think he meant 'yes it was tempting to go for 4 goals that's why i was warming up aguero but it was more important to protect Silva' but he used the word 'is' which makes it sound slightly different. No way he didn't understand the rules.

This ... He was trying to answer why Aguero didn't get on and got into that it wasn't possible as Silva couldn't play more than 70 minutes. The media will look for anything to deflect the win.

Important thing is that the win gets us 2 more coefficient points and that could make the difference in getting into Pot 2 next season and maybe into Pot 1 in 3 seasons. I think the City hierarchy would see that as more important than perhaps getting a potentially easier tie in the last 16. Those points will last us 5 years.

Sorry I may have simply lost the ability to count but last time I checked we needed to win by 3 goals in order to go through.

If the game would have ended at 4-2 then we would have had a goal difference of +9 and they would have had a goal difference of +11 still not good enough...

Unless I am missing something????

Unbelievable Jeff

Hoddle - Bayern switched off for 75mins
Quinn when we equalised could only say ...''Well'

Then they spend ten minutes analysing Pellegrini's after match interview and did his words mean he didn't realise one more goal would have won the group. Slagging the substitution off as one of the most bizarre ever.

Imagine if Aguero would have cone on and pulled a hammy, imagine Sky slaughtering Pellegrini then.

Nothing but a bunch of cock sucking rag bastards.

City City City City City City.

JTDL said:
Watch it again with what i wrote in mind. 100% (i hope)!

He said if we scored four he would have brought on Sergio - then talked about needing 2 more.

IF we had gone for four and drawn we would have lost coefficient points so at least the win was worth something I suppose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.