Bayern v City post match thread

Maldeika said:
BurningHart said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
Superbly Summarised.

In short, Pellegrini didn't understand, however we had no certainty we'd have scored another even if we'd have tried. Also it would have been horrific if Aguero had come on and got injured.

What would have been really funny though would have been if we'd have got the 4th goal and neither ourselves or Bayern realised that we would win the group.

Bayern would have been defending like fuck, just kicking the ball away whilst we'd have still been attacking like our lives depended on it. Picture the scene at Full Time when reality would have kicked in for Bayern; it would have been akin to 11 Phil 'Gormless' Jones post Sunderland; Priceless!

Tbh i think Bayern knew that we would top the group if we had won 4-2. It was evident with the worried look on their faces and them subsituting their only striker with a midfielder. That muller was also time wasting 10mins from the end.

Imagine the reaction had Negredo nicked a fourth goal. The Bayern players would be burying their heads in the ground and the crowd shell shocked. while Negredo runs back to the centre circle with the ball. " whats wrong guys? We need another goal. Hurry up and restart the games you twats"

The Bayern players knew. I do not really understand why the ManCity players did not. That there is always somebody on the pitch that does not understand the rules - yes, some footballers aren't picked for their smartness. After the Dortmund match Sahin and Großkreutz told in an interview last week that they had to ask Kehl if it is enough, too. Why I mention this - where was the communication in the team? I am pretty sure e.g. Demichelis knew it, too.

But that influenced the match a lot. Bayern started the match great - and then lost the tension. The 2:1 was not really bothering - but it got strange with the penalty after the break. In a normal match they would have just gotten back in gear and gone for the next goal - but as this result already was dangerous they did not.

The substituting Mandzukic vor Shaqiri had nothing to do with the scenario. That is a normal change at Bayern - even when the offensive is in full gear. Mandzu even often tackles near the other box. Shaq was out because of an injury for 2 months and needs match time.

City did what they've been doing all season. Create chances and score goals without having too much of the ball. Guardiola warned his players that City can score goals very quickly, they didn't listen to him because they are too arrogant. They thought they were "untouchable".

If Bayern fans are claiming that their team weren't trying, then we can make the similar claim that City weren't trying the first 20 minutes.

2-0 down in Munich seemed horribly familiar... I had nightmares that Negredo would refuse to come off the bench and we'd end up the laughing stock of Europe. I liked this ending much better.

Bewar3them00n said:
The media have been very harsh and hypocritical, yesterday the Guardian were reporting that City needed to win by 3 clear goals,
So, consider the scenario, where we go all out for the 4th goal, and leave ourselves wide open for the counter attack, and probably end up drawing, or even losing, then we'd be criticised for being to gung-ho, reckless, not learning from past games, blah-di-blah.....
Personally, I think we did fantastic, and the moral boost of not only having an away win, but one that humbled the European Champions in their own backyard will give the whole squad a lift and even more belief ahead of the Arsenal game!
I know! it's pissing me right off. 3 clear goals! they said very loud and clear. People just love talking bullshit.

argyle said:
Just saw RagSportsNews reporting with glee about what may have happened and completely glossing over the win against the best club side in the world.

They then moved on by saying "Utd, unlike City who dont finish top..."

Fuck me they are utter *****!!

Ask any manager in the last 16 (except google) of course who theyd rather have in the knockout.. City or united..

Nuff said..

Maldeika said:
The Bayern players knew. I do not really understand why the ManCity players did not. That there is always somebody on the pitch that does not understand the rules - yes, some footballers aren't picked for their smartness. After the Dortmund match Sahin and Großkreutz told in an interview last week that they had to ask Kehl if it is enough, too. Why I mention this - where was the communication in the team? I am pretty sure e.g. Demichelis knew it, too.

But that influenced the match a lot. Bayern started the match great - and then lost the tension. The 2:1 was not really bothering - but it got strange with the penalty after the break. In a normal match they would have just gotten back in gear and gone for the next goal - but as this result already was dangerous they did not.

The substituting Mandzukic vor Shaqiri had nothing to do with the scenario. That is a normal change at Bayern - even when the offensive is in full gear. Mandzu even often tackles near the other box. Shaq was out because of an injury for 2 months and needs match time.

A - I knew come to that, as I'm sure most of the City fans did. As it is things are fine, I agree with Rummenigge in today's Bild, another goal would have been disastrous, Barcelona, Real, Athletico or Paris rather than the likes of Olympiakos, Basel or Milan.
Granted we have to beat the big teams to win it but we don't have to face one in the last 16 if at all possible. Given that, of course, you never want to lose a game I'm quite upbeat today tbh. Maybe a warning shot across the bows is no bad thing, and better now than in the first leg of the next round.
If I'd have been offered the group win with 15 points before it started I'd have bitten your hand off.

B - We started really well, we had a crap second half. Nobody to blame but ourselves but it's not the end of the world.

samharris said:
argyle said:
Just saw RagSportsNews reporting with glee about what may have happened and completely glossing over the win against the best club side in the world.

They then moved on by saying "Utd, unlike City who dont finish top..."

Fuck me they are utter *****!!

Ask any manager in the last 16 (except google) of course who theyd rather have in the knockout.. City or united..

Nuff said..

Bang on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.