Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bayern Munich v MCFC pre match thread

Juan King said:
MCFC BOB said:
Here, read my blog! <a class="postlink" href="http://bluetintedspecs.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bluetintedspecs.blogspot.com/</a> Match reviews and previews of every game City have played this season (apart from last week; I was busy).

Here's my preview of our clash with European giants Bayern Munich!

Well boys and girls, this is it. Bayern Munich, arguably the most established opponents City have faced in a competitive match in their history, at the Allianz Arena in the Champions League. Does it really get much better than this?

I'll go ahead and say I think we're going to get absolutely smashed to pieces tonight. Many of the players that finished the game on Saturday in the 2-0 win over Everton will start tonight (Silva, Kompany, Clichy, Barry etc.), so it's likely that they will run completely out of steam after 60 minutes or so, and with Bayern boasting world-class talents like Arjen Robben and Franck Ribery I can't see past a Bayern win - I'm sorry.

I think we'll give it a good go for half an hour, but Bayern will eventually get the home crowd behind them and go on to take the game 3-0. If City are to pull off a miracle and win the game, then we need to be at least a goal in front by half time. We know how good we can be at the back on our best defensive days, but Bayern have won their last ten games without conceding a goal. Oops.

I think Mancini may make a bold decision tonight and go with Nigel de Jong in the centre of midfield. However, if he isn't fit I don't see a problem with replacing Yaya with Milner. Milner has been excellent since returning from a hamstring injury late last season, so rewarding him with a Champions League start is a good move in my books.

Of course we have the players capable of securing the unlikely outcome of a City win, but after 60 minutes, I fear our time will run out. I will say right here, around 8 hours before kick-off, that I will happily take a draw.

Bayern Munich 3-0 Manchester City

You will be eating humble pie when we win tonight.
And happily so.

Re: Starting 11 v Bayern.

Let's park the bus Everton style.

236299_Manchester_City.jpg

adrianr said:
I would be apprehensive about playing Nasri. He's not done anything IMO since Spurs to warrant a place, and I've got a feeling as Bayern won't be 90 minutes of being on top, he'll do a disapearing act. Saying that without De Jong it may not be wise to start with Barry, Yaya and Milner, especially as the latter is carrying an injury himself.

We have to decide if we're playing our game of attacking, or playing their game of trying to negate Ribery and Robben.
I agree about Nasri 100%. I think he's the most vulnerable player, as far as keeping his place is concerned. Milner deserves to start, imo.

Re: Would it matter if we bunkered in

strongbowholic said:
If we work hard with the full backs nullifying Bayern's wingers and the defensive mid pairing sticking to their task, this could be a very interesting game.

Bayern will be under pressure to come and attack I feel. This could lead to an open and expansive game which then plays right into our hands as Silva et al will be afforded space. This will be a dangerous thing for Bayern. If they then decide to go defensive, their crowd could end up on their backs, given the expectation of winning all their games this season so far and without conceding a goal.

Going to be a fascinating contest and one I hope to God the commentators don't ruin with the usual inanity (sadly I can't be in Munich due to work).

Could be a classic; just hope the truly is in our favour.

Couldn't give two hoots about the commentators, but the rest of your post I largely agree with.

I fancy us to win this game - as long as we don't concede early in the game.

it's Schweinsteiger that we need to keep quiet, he starts everything and makes them tick, which is why i'd play Tevez, keep him quiet and we'll win.

Re: Would it matter if we bunkered in

Bobby says ''attack attack attack''
"We are not a small team any more. We are a good team and we can play against Munich without a problem. We have a lot of respect for them. They have a great history. But we want to do a good job. And this is a game we must win. Why not? We are not here to lose the game. We are here to win. Yes, we know it will be difficult but we don't want to stand still."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/sep/26/roberto-mancini-bayern-munich" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog ... ern-munich</a>

adrianr said:
I would be apprehensive about playing Nasri. He's not done anything IMO since Spurs to warrant a place, and I've got a feeling as Bayern won't be 90 minutes of being on top, he'll do a disapearing act. Saying that without De Jong it may not be wise to start with Barry, Yaya and Milner, especially as the latter is carrying an injury himself.

We have to decide if we're playing our game of attacking, or playing their game of trying to negate Ribery and Robben.

unfortunally football its not just a will act...... sometimes its not as you wont attack.....its just that the opponents are strong enough for attack more than you.... and then what can you do a part from defend and counter attack ?

Re: Bayern Munich v MCFC pre match thread

MCFC BOB said:
Here, read my blog! <a class="postlink" href="http://bluetintedspecs.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bluetintedspecs.blogspot.com/</a> Match reviews and previews of every game City have played this season (apart from last week; I was busy).

Here's my preview of our clash with European giants Bayern Munich!

Well boys and girls, this is it. Bayern Munich, arguably the most established opponents City have faced in a competitive match in their history, at the Allianz Arena in the Champions League. Does it really get much better than this?

I'll go ahead and say I think we're going to get absolutely smashed to pieces tonight. Many of the players that finished the game on Saturday in the 2-0 win over Everton will start tonight (Silva, Kompany, Clichy, Barry etc.), so it's likely that they will run completely out of steam after 60 minutes or so, and with Bayern boasting world-class talents like Arjen Robben and Franck Ribery I can't see past a Bayern win - I'm sorry.

I think we'll give it a good go for half an hour, but Bayern will eventually get the home crowd behind them and go on to take the game 3-0. If City are to pull off a miracle and win the game, then we need to be at least a goal in front by half time. We know how good we can be at the back on our best defensive days, but Bayern have won their last ten games without conceding a goal. Oops.

I think Mancini may make a bold decision tonight and go with Nigel de Jong in the centre of midfield. However, if he isn't fit I don't see a problem with replacing Yaya with Milner. Milner has been excellent since returning from a hamstring injury late last season, so rewarding him with a Champions League start is a good move in my books.

Of course we have the players capable of securing the unlikely outcome of a City win, but after 60 minutes, I fear our time will run out. I will say right here, around 8 hours before kick-off, that I will happily take a draw.

Bayern Munich 3-0 Manchester City

Unlikely scoreline, imo.

The last time we didn't score in a game was way back in April. 17 competitive games ago.

They say Robben's not likely to start. Maybe a second half appearance, we'll see. Can't wait, though!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.