Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Starting 11 v Bayern.

Mancio said:
adrianr said:
I would be apprehensive about playing Nasri. He's not done anything IMO since Spurs to warrant a place, and I've got a feeling as Bayern won't be 90 minutes of being on top, he'll do a disapearing act. Saying that without De Jong it may not be wise to start with Barry, Yaya and Milner, especially as the latter is carrying an injury himself.

We have to decide if we're playing our game of attacking, or playing their game of trying to negate Ribery and Robben.

unfortunally football its not just a will act...... sometimes its not as you wont attack.....its just that the opponents are strong enough for attack more than you.... and then what can you do a part from defend and counter attack ?

Indeed. Sometimes when you are up against top teams it's not all about what you want to do, the game is at times dictated by how the opponants play and with them being at home they will come out and look to try and dictate the play and they'll be familar in their home surroundings so it will more than likely be a game of patience and counter attacking from us

Mancio said:
adrianr said:
I would be apprehensive about playing Nasri. He's not done anything IMO since Spurs to warrant a place, and I've got a feeling as Bayern won't be 90 minutes of being on top, he'll do a disapearing act. Saying that without De Jong it may not be wise to start with Barry, Yaya and Milner, especially as the latter is carrying an injury himself.

We have to decide if we're playing our game of attacking, or playing their game of trying to negate Ribery and Robben.

unfortunally football its not just a will act...... sometimes its not as you wont attack.....its just that the opponents are strong enough for attack more than you.... and then what can you do a part from defend and counter attack ?

Absolutely and that's what I mean. Do we beleive we're strong enough to force them to change their game to play us? Like Barca do against everyone. Or do we think their attack at home will be too strong, so set up to counter attack and leave the all out war gameplan on the shelf?

236312_Manchester_City.jpg

Here's Bayern's side against Villareal...

________Neuer
Boat__VanB__Badst__Lahm
_____Schw___Tymo
Muller___Kroos______Rib
_______Gomez

And this is the side that beat Leverkusen...

________Neuer
Raf__VanB__Badst__Lahm
_____Schw___Tymo
Muller___Kroos______Rib
_______Gomez

Robben only played ten minutes of the latter, and then complained that he needed a rest, so he's an unlikely starter.

I'd have Zab up against Ribery. As for the 442 vs. 433 argument, I'm probably in favour of going for the 433 - Milner, Yaya, Barry / Silva, Aguero, Nasri. I just think that it's important that we apply pressure to Schweinsteiger in the deep position, whilst keeping an eye on Kroos in the space behind the midfield.

I'd play Aguero on his own up front, and look to break very quickly.

Re: Bayern Munich v MCFC pre match thread

balkanno said:
@BOB What does make you think we want score?

Perhaps because its about scoring goals in football :D?

You probably meant won´t ...

Edit: Bayern also had a game on Saturday - so I don`t think fatigue will matter that much. The season is young, these are highly paid athletes.

could not believe it... one has to pay to watch videos on bayern website

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fcb.tv/search.php?id=1733&filter=&page=1&cc=en&search=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fcb.tv/search.php?id=1733&fi ... en&search=</a>

Anyone feeling the same as me ??

Ive got that very nervy excited feeling today that I only usually get on derby day..
Anyone else ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.