Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bayern Munich v MCFC pre match thread

Aequitas1987 said:
I wanted to do an informal interview with you city fans regarding the upcoming match so that I can post it on bayernforum. If some users could give good thought out answers to all the questions I would appreciate it.

1. Where do you think this game will be won or lost? Central Midfield? Wide Areas? and how do you think Mancini is planning on winning that battle?

I think we'll start with Dejong, Barry and Yaya in the middle, imo central midfield will be where the game is won/lost.

2. Do you think that the highly taxing Everton game will play a big part in this match or does City's depth have enough quality to still come out on top?

I think we have more than enough strength in depth, the Everton game was tough but our defence wasnt tested atall. It will get a big test in defence tonight but i believe the quality of our attacking options is more than capable of getting a result.

3. Who do you think is your most valuable asset against Bayern's defense? The highly creative Silva, the quick dribbling maestro Aguero or the absolute master-class finisher that is Dzeko?

For me its David Silva we woudn't be anywhere near as effective/creative, he brings the likes of Dzeko/Aguero into the game with ease at times. Absolute joy to watch is Silva and so consistent too.

4. Which player do you think will be the key to Bayern controlling the game and how do you think Mancini plans on stopping him? Schweinsteiger in mid, Gustavo on Silva, Ribery, Robben, Gomez etc?

I would say Schweinsteiger he is the ultimate midfielder imo, Dejong is key for us as i feel we will play on the counter and get stuck in in the midfield. We need to keep the ball and frustrate the team and fans for as long as possible. If we let your midfield have the ball it could be very dangerous. Ofcourse Robben (if he's fit?) will cause anybody problems along with Ribery. Im quietly confident about our fullbacks though who should be very fresh and up for the challenge tonight.

5. City has played attacking football so far this season and if they do plan on playing attacking football again in Munich, what type of attacking football do you see your team playing. Do you think it would be the more possession style football of Arsenal, Barcelona? Do you think its the very direct high conversion football that you played against the likes of Tottenham? Or do you think you will play speedy players for attacking counter-attacking football, like Napoli did against you guys?

I feel we will definately play on the counter with Aguero/Tevez (whoever he picks?) Silva and Nasri. As above possession is massive for us tonight i'd rather we kept the ball and be as patient as we can, Napoli did this extremely well and defended even better than they attacked.

6. Do you think this game will be won or lost in the first half or the second half and why do you think that?

This season we seem to be playing better and scoring more goals in the second half so if its 0-0 at HT il feel much better, first goal is always crucial for both teams.

7. What do you think is Mancini's backup plan if Silva is marked out of the game?

Marked out of the game? No-one can he's MERLIN!

8. Who would be your ideal 3 substitutes coming into the game in the second half and at what times do you want them substituted for various reasons?

Difficult to answer because there is different decisions for different circumstances, I'd really like to see Dzeko tonight back in Germany for the first time since leaving there. Shame about Mario being suspended, he is the one player we've got who can offer that touch of class naturally.

Really looking forward to tonights game and nerves are starting to kick in come on CITY.

Aequitas1987 said:
I wanted to do an informal interview with you city fans regarding the upcoming match so that I can post it on bayernforum. If some users could give good thought out answers to all the questions I would appreciate it.

1. Where do you think this game will be won or lost? Central Midfield? Wide Areas? and how do you think Mancini is planning on winning that battle?

A) I think the wide areas. We are better through the middle but think your excellent wingers could put a lot of pressure on our fullbacks if were not very carefull so its important we close them down early. For me, if we stop your wingers we can win.

2. Do you think that the highly taxing Everton game will play a big part in this match or does City's depth have enough quality to still come out on top?

A) I dont think it will make a lot of difference. The team are up for it and all want to play every game. For this reason they know each of them must continue to fight for a place in the team.

3. Who do you think is your most valuable asset against Bayern's defense? The highly creative Silva, the quick dribbling maestro Aguero or the absolute master-class finisher that is Dzeko?

A) Attacking wise Silva. He is a very special player.

4. Which player do you think will be the key to Bayern controlling the game and how do you think Mancini plans on stopping him? Schweinsteiger in mid, Gustavo on Silva, Ribery, Robben, Gomez etc?

A) Robben and Ribery. Both very fast and very attacking. I think we will play Zabaletta at right back for his defensive qualities and whoever plays at left back will need help from Gareth Barry as both of our left backs are very attacking.

5. City has played attacking football so far this season and if they do plan on playing attacking football again in Munich, what type of attacking football do you see your team playing. Do you think it would be the more possession style football of Arsenal, Barcelona? Do you think its the very direct high conversion football that you played against the likes of Tottenham? Or do you think you will play speedy players for attacking counter-attacking football, like Napoli did against you guys?

A) I think we will play possestion football and try to use Silva and Aguero to pick our way through your midfield.

6. Do you think this game will be won or lost in the first half or the second half and why do you think that?

A) I think both teams need to play for the full 90 minutes. I game like this can be lost in a single second.

7. What do you think is Mancini's backup plan if Silva is marked out of the game?

A) We have enough creativity in the team to find holes in your defensive if you man mark any of the players. If you Mark Silva then Aguero will drop deeper, or Nasri, or Tevez etc etc.

8. Who would be your ideal 3 substitutes coming into the game in the second half and at what times do you want them substituted for various reasons?

A) Impossible to say without knowing the starting lineup and how we are playing at the 60 minute point. If Johnson is fit and Tevez starts from the bench then I would like to see them brought on with enough time to make an impact and not leave it too late like we did against Napoli.

c4lv3rt said:
balkanno said:
Just saw on Skysport news - De Jong ruled out due hes injury.

High chances for Milner to play.

Oh no thats not good :(
To be fair, Badstuber won't be playing either.

Jumanji said:
c4lv3rt said:
balkanno said:
Just saw on Skysport news - De Jong ruled out due hes injury.

High chances for Milner to play.

Oh no thats not good :(
To be fair, Badstuber won't be playing either.

No reason to be fair, Badstuber is a pile of shit i would like if he would play. They will now put an agile Gustavo in the CB which will mark Aguero better than Badstuber ever could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.