Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Who plays left back tonight then?

Clichy because he's our best left back, has the most pace and is the best defensively.

Re: Bayern Munich v MCFC pre match thread

Gustavo at CB?? Hear it'll likely Van Buyten, who's really slow and have Gustavo in midfield with Schweinsteiger.

really having mixed expectations for the match tonight but I am so f*cking excited for this. Day is moving soooo slow

Jumanji said:
Gustavo at CB?? Hear it'll likely Van Buyten, who's really slow and have Gustavo in midfield with Schweinsteiger.

The Press is saying van Buyten, but Gustavo could play the position without problems for them. If Heyneckes realy gets so stupid and starts with VanBuyten/Boateng as CBs, our chances improves instantly.

1. Where do you think this game will be won or lost? Central Midfield? Wide Areas? and how do you think Mancini is planning on winning that battle?
I think we will lose the game if we are not up to our best at the back and there will be no room from errors tonight from Lescott, Maybe Kolo Toure is ready for a start, has experience with arsenal in games like this where as Lescott has not. Going forward I think the game would be won from out wide with Clichy/Kolarov and Richards making forward runs.

2. Do you think that the highly taxing Everton game will play a big part in this match or does City's depth have enough quality to still come out on top?
Yes. We have more than what it takes to to come out on top tonight and we have more than enough depth in the squad.

3. Who do you think is your most valuable asset against Bayern's defense? The highly creative Silva, the quick dribbling maestro Aguero or the absolute master-class finisher that is Dzeko?
It is hard to say, Silva obviously stands out most so far but Aguero and Dzeko have been in fine finishing form this season so you would have to say all 3 will have to be 100% and raring to go.

4. Which player do you think will be the key to Bayern controlling the game and how do you think Mancini plans on stopping him? Schweinsteiger in mid, Gustavo on Silva, Ribery, Robben, Gomez etc?
It is hard to say, will he go with last seasons 3 holding Midfield? I don't know. But tonight game will set a standard of how we will probably line up against the rest of the big boys we come up against in Europe and in the Premier league.

5. City has played attacking football so far this season and if they do plan on playing attacking football again in Munich, what type of attacking football do you see your team playing. Do you think it would be the more possession style football of Arsenal, Barcelona? Do you think its the very direct high conversion football that you played against the likes of Tottenham? Or do you think you will play speedy players for attacking counter-attacking football, like Napoli did against you guys?
Personally I would like to see 110% from all our players and would like to see us keep the ball and attack with purpose and not just attack for the sake of going forward because Bayern are very good on the counter with the likes of Ribery, Robben and Gomez. I would like to see us play like we did against Everton although it took us 68min to break them down we stuck with what we set out to do, we did not rush, throw the ball long, we just stuck to our game and it worked out fine.

6. Do you think this game will be won or lost in the first half or the second half and why do you think that?
This is hard to say, I would like it to be won in the first 15min but we don't always get what we want. I think if we get an early goal or two then Bayern will play right into our hands and it could be a cricket score.

7. What do you think is Mancini's backup plan if Silva is marked out of the game?
Its not all about Silva, We still have Samir Nasri Aguero Tevez Dzeko ect So I think it would be mad to see a team to go out and man mark just Silva out of the game when we have 5 or 6 players which can play that brilliant pass and produce that bit of magic which can change a game.

8. Who would be your ideal 3 substitutes coming into the game in the second half and at what times do you want them substituted for various reasons?
Its hard to say, this depends entirely on how the game is going, but I wouldn't like us to hold onto a one goal lead for 20/30 minutes, but if Mancini thinks we can do this then I will have faith in him and if It doesn't come off then this will be a massive learning curve for us as a team and I personally don't see Champions League as a priority this season. Of course it would be nice to see us progress to the later stages but the Premiership is more realistic this season and I think we have every right to think we can win it.

Team I would like to see start:

Hart
Richards Kompany Lescott Clichy
Milner Barry
Nasri Aguero Silva
Dzeko

Subs:
Pantilimon
Kolo Toure
Savic
Yaya Toure
Tevez
Zabaleta
Kolarov

Re: Who plays left back tonight then?

Didsbury Dave said:
Has to be Clichy and Richards at fullbacks.
If it's not, i am going to hurt/damage the nearest thing to me.

Boateng and Van Buyten have never played alongside each other before.

Should be interesting...

Just cracked open a bottle of Kaiserdom Pilsner,seven more chillin in the fridge (along with 12 cans of becks just in case)

Frankfurters and fried onions in rolls for tea

C`MON YOU BLUEEEEEEEEEEES

Can't wait now i'm shaking with adrenaline/nerves, come on you blue boys do us proud! Hope the travelling support are having an awesome time in Munchen!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.