Bayern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Who plays left back tonight then?

Against Spurs, we thought Mancini would put Richards up against Bale and he threw a curveball by playing Zab!
Might he play Zab at LB tonight. It would certainly suit Zab when players want to cut in onto his right foot?

Re: Bayern Munich v MCFC pre match thread

Hahaha blues i had to share this with you...

Little Brother Age 6: "Are City playing tonight"?

Me: "Yes bro were playing Munich away"

Little Brother: "Who"?? Long pause. "Ooohh you mean Uni*ed"??

Me: Hahahahahahaha!!

Had me crying with laughter and had to tell him "no Bayern Munich" haha.
Love kids lol.

Re: Would it matter if we bunkered in

I'd take 0-0 now.

------------------------- Hart ---------------------------

------------ Kolo ------ Vinnie ------ Lescott ------------

Richards ------------------------------------------- Clichy

------------------ Yaya ------- Barry ---------------------

------- Silva ------------------------------ Aguero --------

------------------------- Dzeko ---------------------------

alera said:
Personally I think this game is made for tefez. That said dzeko knows the german clubs and how they play. Real shame de Jong is still out. He's a huge miss for us.

Is that Carlos' welsh speaking cousin from Patagonia ??

Bayern are at least a top 5 team in europe. I think only Real, Barça and United would be harder to beat over 2 legs in the knockout stages in CL. A point away against them would be fantastic even if we play like we did against Arsenal away last season.

I have a really ill feeling that we could get a battering tonight. I hope not and if we win (unlike 19 out of 20 English teams in history there!) it'll feel like a cup final win to me.

COME ON CITY!

The big problem for a "bunkering in" approach is that we are unlikely to have De Jong. I'd say he's imperative for that.

Aequitas1987 said:
I wanted to do an informal interview with you city fans regarding the upcoming match so that I can post it on bayernforum. If some users could give good thought out answers to all the questions I would appreciate it.

1. Where do you think this game will be won or lost? Central Midfield? Wide Areas? and how do you think Mancini is planning on winning that battle?

The midfield battle will be key as i think both sets of attacking players will fancy their chances if they see enough possession.

2. Do you think that the highly taxing Everton game will play a big part in this match or does City's depth have enough quality to still come out on top?

I don't think the Everton game was too taxing to be honest so we should be okay.
3. Who do you think is your most valuable asset against Bayern's defense? The highly creative Silva, the quick dribbling maestro Aguero or the absolute master-class finisher that is Dzeko?

Silva as ever will be pivotal, if he is on song, which is more often than not, he dictates the play for us.

4. Which player do you think will be the key to Bayern controlling the game and how do you think Mancini plans on stopping him? Schweinsteiger in mid, Gustavo on Silva, Ribery, Robben, Gomez etc?

I think Muller could be very important as he is such a talent and has that ability to drift into dangerous positions. It is a huge blow that De Jong won't be there to make sure he doesn't get any time and space. I think Barry isn't quite good enough to deal with this level of opponent, as shown at the World Cup.

5. City has played attacking football so far this season and if they do plan on playing attacking football again in Munich, what type of attacking football do you see your team playing. Do you think it would be the more possession style football of Arsenal, Barcelona? Do you think its the very direct high conversion football that you played against the likes of Tottenham? Or do you think you will play speedy players for attacking counter-attacking football, like Napoli did against you guys?

I think we will look to hit Bayern on the counter attack tonight but we need to keep good possession to ease the pressure on our backline.

6. Do you think this game will be won or lost in the first half or the second half and why do you think that?

At times City have a tendency to be slow starters and I fear that if we go behind early we will be in big trouble. If we can keep it tight for the first hour we have a great chance of a real good result.

7. What do you think is Mancini's backup plan if Silva is marked out of the game?

This is a big problem for us because Silva is so good you can't have another player like him. I hope he is brave and brings on Adam Johnson to have a run at Lahm who i think is a great player but could struggle defensively against johnsons trickery.

8. Who would be your ideal 3 substitutes coming into the game in the second half and at what times do you want them substituted for various reasons?
As above I would like to see Johnson on 65-70 mins and Tevez too, if he doesn't start

LoveCity said:
I have a really ill feeling that we could get a battering tonight. I hope not and if we win (unlike 19 out of 20 English teams in history there!) it'll feel like a cup final win to me.

COME ON CITY!

Kommen Sie auf der Stadt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.