BBC SPOTY | Team of the Year: CITY | Coach of the Year: GUARDIOLA | World Sport Star: HAALAND

It really is astonishing that a team that's won an unprecedented Pure Treble and created the worlds greatest striker who has obliterated every record that's stood for decades hasn't been recognised. The manager has revolutionised English football too.

With respect to the others on the list, their achievements are nowhere near as impressive as what City did. I do wonder whether the people who pick these lists follow football, or sport at all!

Why is Earps nominated? Because she was a goalkeeper of a team that lost a major final?

Where was Pickfords nomination in 2021 then?

It really is astonishing that a team that's won an unprecedented Pure Treble and created the worlds greatest striker who has obliterated every record that's stood for decades hasn't been recognised. The manager has revolutionised English football too.

With respect to the others on the list, their achievements are nowhere near as impressive as what City did. I do wonder whether the people who pick these lists follow football, or sport at all!

At least they are inclusive, get those different things front and centre and to hell with meritocracy.

To hell with it I say :)

I'm assuming Pep and Haaland do not qualify, even though Haland was born in England.

I think Haaland is on the BBC World shortlist.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.