BBC SPOTY | Team of the Year: CITY | Coach of the Year: GUARDIOLA | World Sport Star: HAALAND

Is Mary Earps that goalkeeper who always looks for the camera to scream "fuck off" at?

Political correctness at its very best. Has any one actually watched wheelchair tennis.I watched it only once for about 2 minutes. When I saw the ball was allowed to bounce more than once I switched it off.
I actually love wheelchair tennis, there's more skill in it than ordinary tennis these days. Ordinary tennis is sort of wham, bam thank you man with the speed of serves. Wheelchair tennis you wonder how the heck they manage to be so quick around the courts. And finding the energy as well.
Sorry @halfmist

Political correctness at its very best. Has any one actually watched wheelchair tennis.I watched it only once for about 2 minutes. When I saw the ball was allowed to bounce more than once I switched it off.
Yeah, I had a similar issue when I started watching tennis after watching badminton for years. Fucking easy.

I was just looking at previous football teams to win team of the year.

1998: Arsenal - won a double, fair enough.
1999: Rags - won a treble, can't argue with that.
2001: Liverpool - won a treble of the FA Cup, League Cup and UEFA Cup - as trebles go it's about as shit as it gets, but whatever.
2016: Leicester - won the league from nowhere, so fair enough.
2020: Liverpool - just won the league, like someone else does every year.

Given that, we should be absolutely nailed on to win it this year, especially in a non-Olympic year. But you just know they'll find some way to give it to another team.

But surprise, surprise the dippers massively overrepresented in the voted-for awards compared to their actual sporting achievements over the last 3 decades. No City, no Chelsea, rags only once, yet a team that's won the league once has managed to sneak into the TOTY top spot twice.

I actually love wheelchair tennis, there's more skill in it than ordinary tennis these days. Ordinary tennis is sort of wham, bam thank you man with the speed of serves. Wheelchair tennis you wonder how the heck they manage to be so quick around the courts. And finding the energy as well.
Sorry @halfmist
I am not decrying the Sport. Good luck to them, I just struggle with how does it make it in to sports personality of the year contention.

I am not decrying the Sport. Good luck to them, I just struggle with how does it make it in to sports personality of the year contention.
I don't mind that. There should be an element of recognising achievement and world class performance in sports that not everyone knows about or watches. A bit of publicity might be the difference between some athletes getting funding to go to their next tournament and having to crowd fund it themselves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.