BBC SPOTY | Team of the Year: CITY | Coach of the Year: GUARDIOLA | World Sport Star: HAALAND

Has KJT only got a double-barrelled surname because she was born out of wedlock? It can’t be class based because she’s childhood friends with Jodie Comer.

Has KJT only got a double-barrelled surname because she was born out of wedlock? It can’t be class based because she’s childhood friends with Jodie Comer.
It’s quite popular to have more than one name amongst working class folk. On Council Estates they are known as aliases.

They need to have a separate award for the lifetime achievement types.

Broad has had a glittering career and has done loads for cricket. He had a good Ashes but nothing spectacular and he was ultimately on the losing side.

We have this every year where they sentimentally wedge people who had 25-year long careers in with people who have achieved specific things this year and it just makes the whole thing contrived because different people are voting on an entirely different basis.

If you ask me, it should probably go to KJT who seems like the only genuine winner on this list.

Rory has had a good year in the PGA and a good Ryder Cup but didn’t win any of the majors. Dettori, great career but see my point above. England’s women lost the World Cup final - we seem too keen to award glorious losers when we have genuine winners to award things to. We didn’t give it Henderson when England lost the Euro final. Wheelchair tennis is admittedly something I don’t know enough about but probably doesn’t have the popularity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.