BBC SPOTY | Team of the Year: CITY | Coach of the Year: GUARDIOLA | World Sport Star: HAALAND

Ryan Moore rode 28 Group 1 winners last year including the Derby & St Leger in 6 countries and didn't even get a nomination.

Frankie deserved it even less than Earps, he's not fucking retired either! He's riding in America and I quote 1/100 he has a ride at Ascot next year.

You have to admire blueuntrues efforts and sheer audacity, he would make a great cabinet minister or spin doctor I especially like

She won an invitational one off match
She won a 4 team competing cup
She won by being a runner up(My fav)
She won a poll
The Sunday Times thinks she good.

Surely a gold statue outside Wembley and a UN ambassadorshjp role awaits.
She didn’t win The Port Cup. Played between Southampton and Hamburg to commemorate and celebrate Kevin Keegan’s transfer between the two, ahem, “port” clubs.
The absolute apogee of club football, male and female and until she wins it, I’ll never take her seriously. Arnold Clark can kiss my second hand ricker.

I find it hard to get worked up about who wins SPOTY tbh, especially as it's a public vote. It lost any credibility after Giggs won it in 2009. Earps was a bit of a surprise choice, but there didn't really seem to be an standout candidate on the shortlist. Anyway, congratulations to Pep, Haaland and the team on their awards.
Same. The pantomime villains never win, no matter how brilliant they are at plying their trade. Just let the woman have her moment and be happy for her.

And I very much doubt The Viking would swap his treble medals for the SPOTY.

It makes me puke...what about josh kerr who won a 1500m gold medal in athletics,didn't even get nominated,she won fuck all...
Tbf Athletic winners have dominated this award. There's been well over a dozen in the last 30 odd years. As for folk saying she never won anything neither did Greg Rusedski and he bagged it. I wouldn't say it's a big stitch up tbh and it's just One of those years where pretty much no one stood out

If United had won a treble this year you bet the BBC would have had one of their English players up for the top award.

Agree. I dont give two hoots about it really I just find it amazing that not one English player can win the treble and not be on the list. Yet a goalie who won nothing is on it.

I'm more surprised that City got team of the year over the England ladies team, surprised Pep got manager of the year over the ladies England manager. And just surprised Haaland won !! Yet non of our players could win SPOTY its abit odd ;)

As others had said SPOTY stopped being relevant when family man won it for play 12 times in the year.

Seriously.

I know most of this forum cries at the thought of saying anything remotely complimentary about anyone associated with United, but she more than deserves her due.

Not to mention it was a public vote, nobody got snubbed.
Assuming the public vote was actually for her to win. The BBC do like to tick boxes you know.

Tbf Athletic winners have dominated this award. There's been well over a dozen in the last 30 odd years. As for folk saying she never won anything neither did Greg Rusedski and he bagged it. I wouldn't say it's a big stitch up tbh and it's just One of those years where pretty much no one stood out

I remember Rusedski got some flack for not being really British, but to be fair he was a nice guy with a great personality.

The selecting panel could have put Tront in and he'd have won it by a landslide the same way Henderson won the spot on the FIFA front cover alongside Messi.

I remember Rusedski got some flack for not being really British, but to be fair he was a nice guy with a great personality.

The selecting panel could have put Tront in and he'd have won it by a landslide the same way Henderson won the spot on the FIFA front cover alongside Messi.
Who is on the selecting panel, does anybody know?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.