BBC SPOTY | Team of the Year: CITY | Coach of the Year: GUARDIOLA | World Sport Star: HAALAND

Who is on the selecting panel, does anybody know?
The industry panel for this year's BBC Sports Personality of the Year included former Lioness and Euro 2022 winner Ellen White, ex-Olympian Colin Jackson, Paralympian Ellie Simmonds and former Scotland rugby union international Chris Paterson

So the panel:
  • Ellen White
  • Colin Jackson
  • Ellie Simmonds
  • Chris Peterson
  • David Coverdale
  • Rob Maul
  • Charlotte Harpur
  • Katherine Grainger
  • Holly Hamilton
  • Barbara Slater
  • Philip Bernie
  • Gabby Cook
So 7 women and 5 men some of those people I haven’t got a clue who they are.

The thing has descended into a farce and when that Welsh Rag won it I gave up watching.

So the panel:
  • Ellen White
  • Colin Jackson
  • Ellie Simmonds
  • Chris Peterson
  • David Coverdale
  • Rob Maul
  • Charlotte Harpur
  • Katherine Grainger
  • Holly Hamilton
  • Barbara Slater
  • Philip Bernie
  • Gabby Cook
So 7 women and 5 men some of those people I haven’t got a clue who they are.

The thing has descended into a farce and when that Welsh Rag won it I gave up watching.
The bloke from Whitesnake?

Tbf Athletic winners have dominated this award. There's been well over a dozen in the last 30 odd years. As for folk saying she never won anything neither did Greg Rusedski and he bagged it. I wouldn't say it's a big stitch up tbh and it's just One of those years where pretty much no one stood out

apart from Foden, Grealish, Stones, Walker, Haaland winning 4 major trophies hopefully soon to be 5 within the year that has only happened once before in the entire history of the sport

The club World Cup is bollocks. Any tournament you automatically get to the semifinal or final of by winning another trophy isn’t a proper tournament. It’s up there with the European Super Cup and Community Shield in prestige.
I’d still rather win them than lose them

Assuming the public vote was actually for her to win. The BBC do like to tick boxes you know.
Do we ever debate it being fixed if a man wins it?

She had a good year, she became a fan favourite of women's football.

Also, it's fucking SPOTY. It's a nice accolade for her, it doesn't mean Stuart Broad or Ronnie O'Sullivan have had their careers tarnished. It's not some super serious mark of sporting excellence. It's a literal popularity contest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.