BBC SPOTY | Team of the Year: CITY | Coach of the Year: GUARDIOLA | World Sport Star: HAALAND

There's a very interesting article in next week's Radio Times (16-22 Dec) by Simon Barnes "The Sports Personality of the Year award isn't about winners - it's about losers."
It's actually entitled "The last shall be first".
Part of one paragraph states; ' This year though the favourite is a loser, the second favourite only managed to draw and the third favourite hasn't done anything special other than retiring.'
I haven't got time (or inclination as it would probably bore you) to type it all out but if you get the chance read it. (Why should I be the only one bored with SPOTY nominees and the BBC hacks justifications. *lol*)

As for how I have the copy of the RT one of my Christmas presents is a subscription for it and it is delivered by the Post lady. :-) They deliver early for Christmas. ;-) :-)

I have a double barrel name and I would consider myself raised working class (but probably more middle class lifestyle these days). In my case it’s because my wife is Portuguese and if she just took my name we thought our future kids would lose a part of their heritage.

I think a lot of the time it’s just seen as a bit more progressive to not erase references to a woman’s ancestry purely out of tradition.
It’ll be interesting to see what happens in the next generation. Triple barrelled names? Then quadruple? Amalgamation of surnames? It seems a slightly short sighted fad to me.

There's a very interesting article in next week's Radio Times (16-22 Dec) by Simon Barnes "The Sports Personality of the Year award isn't about winners - it's about losers."
It's actually entitled "The last shall be first".
Part of one paragraph states; ' This year though the favourite is a loser, the second favourite only managed to draw and the third favourite hasn't done anything special other than retiring.'
I haven't got time (or inclination as it would probably bore you) to type it all out but if you get the chance read it. (Why should I be the only one bored with SPOTY nominees and the BBC hacks justifications. *lol*)

As for how I have the copy of the RT one of my Christmas presents is a subscription for it and it is delivered by the Post lady. :-) They deliver early for Christmas. ;-) :-)

Pretty much echoes my previous post. We love a glorious loser. As others have said, somebody like Walker or Stones absolutely deserves to be in this list as they are actually winners. Instead we get a rag goalkeeper who does this:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.