BBC SPOTY | Team of the Year: CITY | Coach of the Year: GUARDIOLA | World Sport Star: HAALAND

It is what you implied though. No rags won it because Lennox Lewis battered Hollyfield twice to become the undisputed heavyweight World champion of the world something no British person has done before or since. David Beckham came second that year btw so he was shortlisted due to the treble. Your issue is you've totally underestimated sporting successes throughout the years. Lewis' win was monumental, even better than a treble in literally everyone's eyes. So again do you actually believe losing in a women's world cup final is far better sporting success than winning the treble. I for one don't and for not one single city player to be on the shortlist makes the whole thing a farce.

WTF are you rambling on about typing this shit. I see you conveniently left out Gazza losing a semi final too. So basically your whole argument is one of our British players should of won it before she did. That sole reason is why you've been crying on here?

WTF are you rambling on about typing this shit. I see you conveniently left out Gazza losing a semi final too. So basically your whole argument is one of our British players should of won it before she did. That sole reason is why you've been crying on here?

Not the cleverest are you

If you're only given an option to vote for a shit sandwich or a shit muffin it's not much of an option though.

You throw in a half decent footballer in there and they are winning it, the organisers know that.
I suppose that’s down to those on the panel who come up with list of finalists. and how they finalise that list. There’s always going to be disagreements with choices of who we think deserves to be on that list. The final three and winner isn’t down to the panel but the list is.
Formula One has had more winners than footballers and Athletics has had almost three times as many winners, but you did say half decent footballers;)

Barry Briggs the speedway rider from New Zealand came second in the early 60's.

The Speedway Star organized a fan campaign for speedway fans to vote for him and it almost succeeded.

Just goes to show how an orchestrated campaign nearly paid off.
ffs she aint in the same league as him in their respective sports

It’s a public vote. In the past few years, I haven’t agreed with the final result on Strictly Come Dancing but it’s a public vote for the winner. It’s not shocking, or how ever you want to describe it. It’s just how it is.
Is it buggery a public vote, the bbc pick the nominees and they pick the winner, ever seen any legitimate public voting figures….? Thought not … Not a chance on earth Earp wins it without the bbc deciding the result ..
You must be very naive if you think that result was Kosher…

Barry Briggs the speedway rider from New Zealand came second in the early 60's.

The Speedway Star organized a fan campaign for speedway fans to vote for him and it almost succeeded.

Just goes to show how an orchestrated campaign nearly paid off.
In the early 90s Bob Nudd, got more than votes than the next best 3 contenders combined, but didn't win it.
The BBC disqualified him on the basis that the voting form had been printed in the Angling Times.
Think it was the year Lineker won it.

Is it buggery a public vote, the bbc pick the nominees and they pick the winner, ever seen any legitimate public voting figures….? Thought not … Not a chance on earth Earp wins it without the bbc deciding the result ..
You must be very naive if you think that result was Kosher…
Ok then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.