BBC SPOTY | Team of the Year: CITY | Coach of the Year: GUARDIOLA | World Sport Star: HAALAND

apart from Foden, Grealish, Stones, Walker, Haaland winning 4 major trophies hopefully soon to be 5 within the year that has only happened once before in the entire history of the sport
Has any footballer ever won it for what they did for their club that season? Think there's only ever been 4 or 5 Footballers to have won it in 70 years all with an England theme. The Giggs thing as someone else said was where it went weird.

You could say why did Gazza win it for losing a world Cup semi final yet its shocking Earps has won it for being so close to a world cup win?

Do we ever debate it being fixed if a man wins it?

She had a good year, she became a fan favourite of women's football.

Also, it's fucking SPOTY. It's a nice accolade for her, it doesn't mean Stuart Broad or Ronnie O'Sullivan have had their careers tarnished. It's not some super serious mark of sporting excellence. It's a literal popularity contest.

By any sporting definition she is nowhere near as popular as either of those two sportsmen or successful.

Bonkers she won it.

Has any footballer ever won it for what they did for their club that season? Think there's only ever been 4 or 5 Footballers to have won it in 70 years all with an England theme. The Giggs thing as someone else said was where it went weird.

You could say why did Gazza win it for losing a world Cup semi final yet its shocking Earps has won it for being so close to a world cup win?
What kind of argument is that? Are you saying losing a women's world cup final is better than winning a treble? Not sure what world you live on

What kind of argument is that? Are you saying losing a women's world cup final is better than winning a treble? Not sure what world you live on
No that's not what I said. If you read my post i lve stated its never been won by a player for what he's achieved that season for his club. In 70 years. Even in the Rags treble year.

Spot on though, isn’t he?
Yep, even though he is only doing it to build his controversy rating, he's right.
Leon Edwards, Kevin sinfield, and the rest didn't get a look in,.
But they give it to the women's keeper who won a grand total of fuck all and whose greatest achievement is saving a penalty that should have been retaken , yep Barton maybe a knob but he's not wrong on this one.

No that's not what I said. If you read my post i lve stated its never been won by a player for what he's achieved that season for his club. In 70 years. Even in the Rags treble year.
It is what you implied though. No rags won it because Lennox Lewis battered Hollyfield twice to become the undisputed heavyweight World champion of the world something no British person has done before or since. David Beckham came second that year btw so he was shortlisted due to the treble. Your issue is you've totally underestimated sporting successes throughout the years. Lewis' win was monumental, even better than a treble in literally everyone's eyes. So again do you actually believe losing in a women's world cup final is far better sporting success than winning the treble. I for one don't and for not one single city player to be on the shortlist makes the whole thing a farce.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.