BBCs Dan Roan banned by City for latest Vieira Interview

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson insists lucky breaks even themselves out over the course of a season.

Manchester City's football development executive Patrick Vieira suggested that United, along with most major clubs in Spain and Italy, benefited from favourable decisions on home soil - although the Frenchman later claimed his comments were taken out of context.

The argument has been reignited following referee Michael Oliver's failure to award Fulham a last-minute penalty at Old Trafford on Monday for Michael Carrick's clumsy challenge on Danny Murphy.

Ferguson accepts the Red Devils were lucky with that one as they went on to win 1-0 and open up a three-point lead over City at the top of the table.

Remote Record However, he can cite plenty of other instances where his team were wronged and feels the decisions even themselves out over the campaign.

"From the referee's position, I can see why he didn't give a penalty when Danny Murphy was brought down," said Ferguson.

"The ball moved to the angle as Michael Carrick challenged him. From that position, it wasn't clear.

"It was a good claim but City could have had a penalty against them at Stoke for a foul by Gareth Barry.

"Every club gets breaks here and there, you get good ones and bad ones.

"It evens itself out over the season, that will never change."

Ferguson used United's home game against Newcastle in November as an example of a major decision affecting his team, when Rio Ferdinand conceded a penalty for a perfectly fair challenge on Hatem Ben Arfa.

"Every club gets breaks here and there, you get good ones and bad ones. It evens itself out over the season, that will never change"

He also has not forgotten how Mario Balotelli escaped a red card for stamping on Scott Parker during Manchester City's win over Tottenham at the Etihad Stadium in January, then scored the match-winning penalty in injury-time.

"We had a terrible decision earlier this season when Newcastle got a penalty and Tottenham could claim the same when Mario Balotelli wasn't sent off and ended up scoring the winning goal," added Ferguson.

"You could go through millions of things like that.

"Maybe smaller clubs feel that (decisions go against them when they play big clubs) but someone said some years ago that we get lots of penalties. It is only averaging out at three a year.

"You can't say that is a lot when you are attacking teams all the time.

Damocles said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
As for David McDonnell and David Anderson... jesus, they don't even try to hide it.

Yeah, I speak to him a bit on Twitter. Errr...he's not really a fan of me. I think it's because I called him a vacuous twat who prints press releases from Old Trafford. He's at it again as we speak, the ****.

He's a disgrace, mate.

Today his 'articles' consist of Steve Bruce insisting City wilting under pressure.

Bryan Robson insisting City are again desperate

Is Mancini cracking under strain fight with Mario.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Absolute rubbish. Neil Custis, Ashton and Danny Taylor are no enemy of City.

They are briefed for a reason. You may not like some of their articles, but these three are hated at United.

I have never understood why anyone regards Daniel Taylor as anti-City. I think he's probably one of the best sports writers in the country. He may have sources who give him bits and bobs, but I generally find him to be someone who speaks his mind with no agenda. I also like the fact that he is one of a few football writers who do not look slimy (e.g. Dunn, S Custis, P Smith etc..)or like an eastend spiv (that twit fromThe Daily Express).

Ever since teh takeover, Neil Ashton has been consistent with his barbs aimed at City. I could understand why people think he is anti-City.

City have always answered questions by us fans to ban journalists as a negative step and not in line with their positive approach to the media.

City have now banned a journalist.
Seems that this incident has really angered City.

twinkletoes said:
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson insists lucky breaks even themselves out over the course of a season.

Manchester City's football development executive Patrick Vieira suggested that United, along with most major clubs in Spain and Italy, benefited from favourable decisions on home soil - although the Frenchman later claimed his comments were taken out of context.

The argument has been reignited following referee Michael Oliver's failure to award Fulham a last-minute penalty at Old Trafford on Monday for Michael Carrick's clumsy challenge on Danny Murphy.

Ferguson accepts the Red Devils were lucky with that one as they went on to win 1-0 and open up a three-point lead over City at the top of the table.

Remote Record However, he can cite plenty of other instances where his team were wronged and feels the decisions even themselves out over the campaign.

"From the referee's position, I can see why he didn't give a penalty when Danny Murphy was brought down," said Ferguson.

"The ball moved to the angle as Michael Carrick challenged him. From that position, it wasn't clear.

"It was a good claim but City could have had a penalty against them at Stoke for a foul by Gareth Barry.

"Every club gets breaks here and there, you get good ones and bad ones.

"It evens itself out over the season, that will never change."

Ferguson used United's home game against Newcastle in November as an example of a major decision affecting his team, when Rio Ferdinand conceded a penalty for a perfectly fair challenge on Hatem Ben Arfa.

"Every club gets breaks here and there, you get good ones and bad ones. It evens itself out over the season, that will never change"

He also has not forgotten how Mario Balotelli escaped a red card for stamping on Scott Parker during Manchester City's win over Tottenham at the Etihad Stadium in January, then scored the match-winning penalty in injury-time.

"We had a terrible decision earlier this season when Newcastle got a penalty and Tottenham could claim the same when Mario Balotelli wasn't sent off and ended up scoring the winning goal," added Ferguson.

"You could go through millions of things like that.

"Maybe smaller clubs feel that (decisions go against them when they play big clubs) but someone said some years ago that we get lots of penalties. It is only averaging out at three a year.

"You can't say that is a lot when you are attacking teams all the time.

This "luck evens itself out" line people throw out to explain away the good fortune they get is complete bollocks. It's luck. It's not some devine plan that works towards an equilibrium. There is absolutely no basis to state that over a 38 games season you'll get as many good and bad decisions go for you. Undoubtedly you'll get some of both but I'd argue it's actually far more likely that, come May, every Premiership side will have had either more good, or more bad, decisions go for them, the chances of it beinf an equal split are actually very slim. Fergie just trails this shite out to try and hide the seemingly never ending good decisions his side gets.

Outside of DT, I tend to think that Rory Smith is ok, Stu Brennan has been downright good recently and I like Ian Ladyman's stuff.

There's so many articles that if they put them on here as a post, they'd get ripped apart. These guys have no skills in formal logic (which teaches you the basics of preparing an argument) and have no skills related to football (either experience in the technical side of the game, such as coaching or even playing to a good standard). Their one skill seems to be knowing how to write propaganda - persuasive language used to convince of an opinion without inputting any facts into it.

They are writers of an opinion who do not possess the tools to write an opinion nor possess the tools to judge the thing that they have an opinion about.

i spose the fact that we get pages and pages of comments on here every fergurson says summat about city means that his (and the people he gets to say it for him) mid games really do work. Looks like a lot of people on here are trapped by them eh?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
SWP's back said:
The cookie monster said:
Darren lewis wasnt backing us up this morning..

In fact he said the journo had done fuckall wrong & city had gone the wrong way about it.

And you could hear that **** irani sniggering away in the backgound the fucking wanker!
Darren Lewis also didn't think the ref had bottled it, nor that Utd get the majority of decisions either the previous day.

Told Darren Lewis was once let go by the Daily Sport because he couldn't even hack it there.

Should tell you his credentials.

-- Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:50 am --

Zabbasbeard said:
The club are absolutely spot on to ban the BBC’s Dan roan from the club, after he took Patrick Vieira’s comments out of context to get a sensationalist headline. This is not the sort of gutter press behaviour that we can reasonably expect from the BBC. How standards have fallen.

The following should also be at very least considered for a ban:

Alan Green, Alan Hansen (both BBC), Daniel Taylor (Guardian), Neil Ashton, Neil Custis, Shaun Custis, James Lawton (Independent), Alan Brazil, Roni Irani (both Talksh*t*). I’m sure there are others, but I don’t read every single newspaper!

They are briefed for a reason. You may not like some of their articles, but these three are hated at United.

You are being rather simplistic, Tolmie's hairdo.

Totally disagree with you about Neil Custis, Ashton and Daniel Taylor. I've read a lot of their stuff and it is consistently anti-City.

Just because someone is hated by United fans doesn't mean that they are not biased against City. They may have an agenda against both City and the rags, and they may actualy support someone else!

Manc in London said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

I have never understood why anyone regards Daniel Taylor as anti-City. I think he's probably one of the best sports writers in the country. He may have sources who give him bits and bobs, but I generally find him to be someone who speaks his mind with no agenda. I also like the fact that he is one of a few football writers who do not look slimy (e.g. Dunn, S Custis, P Smith etc..)or like an eastend spiv (that twit fromThe Daily Express).

Ever since teh takeover, Neil Ashton has been consistent with his barbs aimed at City. I could understand why people think he is anti-City.

Daniel Taylor has a degree of less pressure at The Guardian. He can afford to sit 'in-house' at City and let certain stories slide, and be briefed on others.

He's also a decent operator.

Ashton may write stories that City/fans might not like, but the club have never taken him to task because they are generally ones they would prefer to keep 'in-house' and are 'accurate'

Told his family are all blues, believe it or not!

Bates, Ogden, they are rabid reds and work accordingly.

Neil Custis gets it in the neck from City fans but he is firmly in the blue camp. Ferguson hates him with a passion.

He was on a United plane the other year and that twat Gary Neville embarrassed both himself and Custis by shouting he was a fat bastard and blocking the aisle.

His brother Sean hates City simply because they don't dance with his mates Joorabachian, Rio and Wrighty.

Plenty of decent blues in the press, though!

Zabbasbeard said:
Totally disagree with you about Neil Custis, Ashton and Daniel Taylor. I've read a lot of their stuff and it is consistently anti-City.

Really? Please point us to the last article by Daniel Taylor that suggests he has an anti-City bias.

I look forward to your response.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.