BBCs Dan Roan banned by City for latest Vieira Interview

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Manc in London said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Absolute rubbish. Neil Custis, Ashton and Danny Taylor are no enemy of City.

They are briefed for a reason. You may not like some of their articles, but these three are hated at United.

I have never understood why anyone regards Daniel Taylor as anti-City. I think he's probably one of the best sports writers in the country. He may have sources who give him bits and bobs, but I generally find him to be someone who speaks his mind with no agenda. I also like the fact that he is one of a few football writers who do not look slimy (e.g. Dunn, S Custis, P Smith etc..)or like an eastend spiv (that twit fromThe Daily Express).

Ever since teh takeover, Neil Ashton has been consistent with his barbs aimed at City. I could understand why people think he is anti-City.

Daniel Taylor has a degree of less pressure at The Guardian. He can afford to sit 'in-house' at City and let certain stories slide, and be briefed on others.

He's also a decent operator.

Ashton may write stories that City/fans might not like, but the club have never taken him to task because they are generally ones they would prefer to keep 'in-house' and are 'accurate'

Told his family are all blues, believe it or not!

Bates, Ogden, they are rabid reds and work accordingly.

Neil Custis gets it in the neck from City fans but he is firmly in the blue camp. Ferguson hates him with a passion.

He was on a United plane the other year and that twat Gary Neville embarrassed both himself and Custis by shouting he was a fat bastard and blocking the aisle.

His brother Sean hates City simply because they don't dance with his mates Joorabachian, Rio and Wrighty.

Plenty of decent blues in the press, though!
I'd love to know who you are!
I'm going to go for.....Khaldoon. ;-)

Manc in London said:
Zabbasbeard said:
Totally disagree with you about Neil Custis, Ashton and Daniel Taylor. I've read a lot of their stuff and it is consistently anti-City.

Really? Please point us to the last article by Daniel Taylor that suggests he has an anti-City bias.

I look forward to your response.

People see and read what they want to.

It may have been true of Danny Taylor when he first arrived on the Manchester patch a few years back.

But City are a different animal since then and certain journos know which side their bread should be buttered.

Don't confuse plenty of writers with agenda. They simply fall foul of their desks back in London in terms of what is tweaked, headlined or subbed.

Half the the red tops have sports editors who are United fans. FACT - as Rafa would say.

I was a Guardian reader, and now just read it online. Over the years I formed the opinion that DT is very anti-City. He is a Forest fan

I can't remember any specific articles, but I know that one or two have annoyed me. There's so much to annoy that it all merges into one

Marvin said:
I was a Guardian reader, and now just read it online. Over the years I formed the opinion that DT is very anti-City. He is a Forest fan

I can't remember any specific articles, but I know that one or two have annoyed me. There's so much to annoy that it all merges into one
Struggling to see the link there...
If he is a Forest fan, why would he be anti-City?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Manc in London said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Absolute rubbish. Neil Custis, Ashton and Danny Taylor are no enemy of City.

They are briefed for a reason. You may not like some of their articles, but these three are hated at United.

I have never understood why anyone regards Daniel Taylor as anti-City. I think he's probably one of the best sports writers in the country. He may have sources who give him bits and bobs, but I generally find him to be someone who speaks his mind with no agenda. I also like the fact that he is one of a few football writers who do not look slimy (e.g. Dunn, S Custis, P Smith etc..)or like an eastend spiv (that twit fromThe Daily Express).

Ever since teh takeover, Neil Ashton has been consistent with his barbs aimed at City. I could understand why people think he is anti-City.

Daniel Taylor has a degree of less pressure at The Guardian. He can afford to sit 'in-house' at City and let certain stories slide, and be briefed on others.

He's also a decent operator.

Ashton may write stories that City/fans might not like, but the club have never taken him to task because they are generally ones they would prefer to keep 'in-house' and are 'accurate'

Told his family are all blues, believe it or not!

Bates, Ogden, they are rabid reds and work accordingly.

Neil Custis gets it in the neck from City fans but he is firmly in the blue camp. Ferguson hates him with a passion.

He was on a United plane the other year and that twat Gary Neville embarrassed both himself and Custis by shouting he was a fat bastard and blocking the aisle.

His brother Sean hates City simply because they don't dance with his mates Joorabachian, Rio and Wrighty.

Plenty of decent blues in the press, though!

Interesting stuff.

I have always thought that Steve Bates is a sichophant who doesn't want to offend people. Maybe I have got the wrong idea. However, his love for Ferguson is blatantly unquestionable.

Mark Ogden vehmently denies he has any bias against City. I remember him stating this in an interview with MCFCFORUM. Then virtually the next day he produced a short article about us where he mentioned the word 'massive' on three or four occasions and he made one or two other digs. I'd be amazed if he is not a regular poster on Red Issue.

johnny on the spot said:
Daniel Taylor has been a snide little twat with us in the past.

Yes I remember the munich chant allegations he had online before the game had finished, total utter bollox it was.

johnny on the spot said:
Daniel Taylor has been a snide little twat with us in the past.

And your point is?

I once liked Findus' crispy pancake sandwiches with HP, then I developed a proper palate as time progressed.

He once wrote a shitty piece about City fans planning to disrespect the Munich anniversary. It was a shocking piece of journalism, without foundation.

But I do then wonder what it was that attracted the Forest fan to the richest club in the world post 2008?

They will all fall into fucking line as we grow bigger and more successful.

I don't think Daniel Taylor is anti City and I've never had a problem with Neil Custis.

Neil Ashton, however, is always taking little sly digs at us, irrespective of who his family support. If the club believes he is performing a useful function then I will bow to their superior knowledge, but I think there's something that's not quite right about him, so I hope that on this occasion my normally highly attuned judgement of character is well wide of the mark.

Pigeonho said:
Marvin said:

Struggling to see the link there...
If he is a Forest fan, why would he be anti-City?
Why wouldn't he? People can hate certain teams for whatever reason.

I fucking hate Preston.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.