Be warned: Dzeko has no/little pace

Van Nistelrooy had no pace whatsoever, still managed to finish top scorer god knows how many times! Its whats around them that counts...

I don't often agree with you chaz but on this i do, however if you look at all mancini's signings none are blessed with huge pace bar yaya who can shift when in top gear.

One reason i'd love Torres in our side silva playing balls through for Torres blistering pace = goals :O)

Hardly a speed merchant, but he has some pace, at least a little.

Definitely faster than Barry (slowcoach), Kompany (not quick).

I think a touch faster than NDJ and Zab (who can cover the ground).

A bit slower than Tevez, Silva, AJ (not slouches but no outright pace to burn)

Def slower than the Toures, Kolarov and Balo (all deceptively quick).

The main problem we've had this season is breaking down teams with solid defences that put 10 men behind the ball. Pace would be rather ineffective in this case considering any team that does this plays with a very deep back 4 (or 6 in Everton's case).

We need someone who can get into decent positions, finish very well with either foot and head i.e. take any chance that comes along and maybe score the odd screamer.

Geo20 said:
neither does Drogba. but his sheer strength size and shot power makes up for it. pace isn't everything look at Gabriel Agbonlahor has bags of pace but a very average striker.

Drogba isn't slow.

Chick Counterfly said:
Hardly a speed merchant, but he has some pace, at least a little.

Definitely faster than Barry (slowcoach), Kompany (not quick).

I think a touch faster than NDJ and Zab (who can cover the ground).

A bit slower than Tevez, Silva, AJ (not slouches but no outright pace to burn)

Def slower than the Toures, Kolarov and Balo (all deceptively quick).

That's a pretty good evaluation although I think Nige is quicker than you're giving him credit for, we never see him run more than 10 yards at once though. Balo's acceleration is awesome and when Yaya and Kolarov get going they're like trains, particularly Yaya. (Note: Many people will disagree with you about Kolarov because a fresh substitute beat him once when Kolarov got square on.)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.