Be warned: Dzeko has no/little pace

courtesey of a german journalist on twitter

if he can discover his 0809 0910 form he is world class

hes so much more than a targetman. 30meuros will be a steal

also went on to say

calm and intelligent infront of goal
great holdups, capable with both feet and CAN take on/beat several players on the deck

When we play against teams that defend so deep like we have, we don't need someone with pace but someone who can be a presence in their box.

inbetween said:
When we play against teams that defend so deep like we have, we don't need someone with pace but someone who can be a presence in their box.

Again, yep. He offers you something you haven't had for a while. I've always wanted to see him try and make it in a different league, and I don't think he'll have too many problems settling in.

Interestingly, would any of you guys choose to start him over Tevez in big games?

Viva Rivaldo said:
inbetween said:
Again, yep. He offers you something you haven't had for a while. I've always wanted to see him try and make it in a different league, and I don't think he'll have too many problems settling in.

Interestingly, would any of you guys choose to start him over Tevez in big games?

No, Tevez is at his best in the big games, was that way when he played for UTD as well. Probably both of them up top with Silva behind and Balo on the bench.

Amel said:
Hello guys

Been following the forum for a few days since hearing that the deal is almost done.

First and foremost, Dzeko has very good pace...I'm from Bosnia too, so I followed almost every game he has played since arriving to Wolfsburg. I also have been following every game Man City has played this season. Let that be clear, he has pace.

My personal opinion is that Man City needs Dzeko and Dzeko needs Man City. He is built for English football. Dzeko is 6'3, a superb leap and air control. His header is spot on. My god, how many games have I seen him score a goal with his head and say to my self, how the hell did he do that. He has a really great feel for the ball high up.

Don't want to go into details about his foot control, many of you seen his games. He's just that great.

Now what really bothers me sometimes about him, but in some way I understand it because he's young and wants to score, Edin Dzeko can be selfish. There have been numerous occasions where he clearly could have passed the ball to someone else to score but he took it upon himself. This could be a problem if Tevez takes this to personal, or maybe to heart. On the other hand, if he plays in front of Tevez, this might not be that much of a problem. But again, you will notice that he does not pass the ball a lot.

As Mancini said, Dzeko can make a difference winning or losing the title. He is no joke. I think he'll fit easily into English soccer. The weather should not be a problem and his personal work ethic suits the English way.

Cheers and enjoy Dzekos goals...it'll be great.

Thanks Amel. Welcome to the forum. I think most good strikers have a selfish streak and Tevez has been guiltier than most of late. Out of interest, have many Bosnians played alongside Serbs that you know of ?

Breaker said:

No, Tevez is at his best in the big games, was that way when he played for UTD as well. Probably both of them up top with Silva behind and Balo on the bench.

That'd be a pretty awesome front three, but not much width. Could make it work if Yaya played as the more attacking of a midfield three, maybe even Milner as well I suppose. I can't see Mancini playing two up top in all the big games though.

It doesn't matter if Dzeko isn't blessed with pace, he is exactly what we need. With all the movement of Tevez around the pitch, there are so many occasions when we have nobody at all up front giving the opposing defenders something to think about. He will lead the line well and with his movement will create spaces across the back four that will allow others to join the attack.

It will take a few games for the players to adapt to the change in tactics that Mancini will introduce. Give them a few games and then judge Dzeko and our chances for the title.

I can't wait, come on City!

this is what a mate in Dortmund told me about him:

He's probably the most technically gifted and complete 'big' striker I can think of.

Tall, fast, strong, mobile, with good header, great on counter-attacks and if you give him the ball, he puts it into the net with alarming regularity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.