Be warned: Dzeko has no/little pace

Hello guys

Been following the forum for a few days since hearing that the deal is almost done.

First and foremost, Dzeko has very good pace...I'm from Bosnia too, so I followed almost every game he has played since arriving to Wolfsburg. I also have been following every game Man City has played this season. Let that be clear, he has pace.

My personal opinion is that Man City needs Dzeko and Dzeko needs Man City. He is built for English football. Dzeko is 6'3, a superb leap and air control. His header is spot on. My god, how many games have I seen him score a goal with his head and say to my self, how the hell did he do that. He has a really great feel for the ball high up.

Don't want to go into details about his foot control, many of you seen his games. He's just that great.

Now what really bothers me sometimes about him, but in some way I understand it because he's young and wants to score, Edin Dzeko can be selfish. There have been numerous occasions where he clearly could have passed the ball to someone else to score but he took it upon himself. This could be a problem if Tevez takes this to personal, or maybe to heart. On the other hand, if he plays in front of Tevez, this might not be that much of a problem. But again, you will notice that he does not pass the ball a lot.

As Mancini said, Dzeko can make a difference winning or losing the title. He is no joke. I think he'll fit easily into English soccer. The weather should not be a problem and his personal work ethic suits the English way.

Cheers and enjoy Dzekos goals...it'll be great.

SS111 said:
Van Nistelrooy had no pace whatsoever, still managed to finish top scorer god knows how many times! Its whats around them that counts...

Came in this thread to make a similar point.

Dzeko, regardless of his pace, has fantastic movement. His anticipation of a pass, first touch, and close control in and around the box all make the requirement for a "turn of pace" redundant. He's not the type of player to consistently outpace defenders.

And anyway, he's great aerially as well, which pace does not affect. He'll make you much more dangerous from set pieces and drilled crosses.

He's probably a bit quicker than you think.

Someone also mentioned Van Nistlerooy had no pace earlier in this thread. Again, not really true. It just so happens he scored the majority of his goals from inside the box.

seen him a few times and i'd say he's a cross between berbatov and shearer. good control, strong back to goal and great finisher. not fast no, average speed, but he does ok without that.

Amel said:
Hello guys

Been following the forum for a few days since hearing that the deal is almost done.

First and foremost, Dzeko has very good pace...I'm from Bosnia too, so I followed almost every game he has played since arriving to Wolfsburg. I also have been following every game Man City has played this season. Let that be clear, he has pace.

My personal opinion is that Man City needs Dzeko and Dzeko needs Man City. He is built for English football. Dzeko is 6'3, a superb leap and air control. His header is spot on. My god, how many games have I seen him score a goal with his head and say to my self, how the hell did he do that. He has a really great feel for the ball high up.

Don't want to go into details about his foot control, many of you seen his games. He's just that great.

Now what really bothers me sometimes about him, but in some way I understand it because he's young and wants to score, Edin Dzeko can be selfish. There have been numerous occasions where he clearly could have passed the ball to someone else to score but he took it upon himself. This could be a problem if Tevez takes this to personal, or maybe to heart. On the other hand, if he plays in front of Tevez, this might not be that much of a problem. But again, you will notice that he does not pass the ball a lot.

As Mancini said, Dzeko can make a difference winning or losing the title. He is no joke. I think he'll fit easily into English soccer. The weather should not be a problem and his personal work ethic suits the English way.

Cheers and enjoy Dzekos goals...it'll be great.

Thanks Amel, lets hope this the first of many posts for you on here. :)

You don't need pace to be successful. You just change your tactics accordingly. If you lack pace, you just set up your team so that your players are very close to each other at all times and get them to build attacks slowly, moving up the pitch together as a unit. Jose Mourinho's Inter were immense at this, and won the Champions League despite having few players with pace. Luckily, we are trying to develop a similar style of play under Mancini. So pace is not really an issue. It's much more important to us that our players are intelligent and can keep the ball.

No more than Boateng already knows!

Dzeko is a very good striker,” Boateng told the Manchester Evening News, “Of course, we would love to see him at City because he is a quality player. He played against Hamburg a few times whilst I was there – and he scored. I have marked him a few times and it is always a good, physical challenge. He holds the ball up well and knows how to use his body. He is not so quick but is very good in front of goal and would work well with our other strikers.”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.