Beckham

Darker shade of Blue said:
Challenger1978 said:
He would sell more City shirts than the rest of your squad put together for starters ;o)

We've got £500,000,000,000 in the bank, we don't need to sell shirts yet. We need to concentrate on building a team before we start worrying about shirt sales.

Exactly .
Your club has a few quid now , so Beckham can do one .

I totally understand that sentiment , but if you didn't have a few quid , then perhaps you would have a different opinion of whether to get him in or not .

One thing you can't argue with though , is that the Beckham brand is still probably bigger than City's , and Countries who have no idea who Man City are , or even Everton for that matter , will certainly know who Beckham is .

Any club who buys him , especially in recent years , would go straight to the top of the ' who's who ' list , which is why he is such an attractive , and lucrative proposition for clubs , without even considering his qualities as a footballer .

has nothing to do with having a few quid. if 'brand beckham' were the only thing that could save us from relegation i'd still prefer he go sit atop a flagpole and spin his way to the bottom rather than sign for city on any kind of contract.

zeusbheld said:
Challenger1978 said:
He would sell more City shirts than the rest of your squad put together for starters ;o)

We've got £500,000,000,000 in the bank, we don't need to sell shirts yet. We need to concentrate on building a team before we start worrying about shirt sales.

Exactly .
Your club has a few quid now , so Beckham can do one .

I totally understand that sentiment , but if you didn't have a few quid , then perhaps you would have a different opinion of whether to get him in or not .

One thing you can't argue with though , is that the Beckham brand is still probably bigger than City's , and Countries who have no idea who Man City are , or even Everton for that matter , will certainly know who Beckham is .

Any club who buys him , especially in recent years , would go straight to the top of the ' who's who ' list , which is why he is such an attractive , and lucrative proposition for clubs , without even considering his qualities as a footballer .

has nothing to do with having a few quid. if 'brand beckham' were the only thing that could save us from relegation i'd still prefer he go sit atop a flagpole and spin his way to the bottom rather than sign for city on any kind of contract.

never going to happen, he needs to be playing week in week out with the world cup coming up and he wouldnt get that at city with the squad we are going to have!

Lets buy an old has been just to sell more shirts.......the worlds gone mad.
Beckham is seriously finished, the pace of the game in the premiership would be too much for him nowadays.

Sell more shirts? I think not my bin dipping friend. Not a single blue would buy a shirt with this overated, has been , rag muppet. Or maybe sell shirts worldwide with his help? Don't think so , the club will be doing just that very, very soon as the link with Etihad shows how much the club have now become a marketable brand that others wish to associate with.

Why not let Moyes sign him? He could team up with the better half of the chuckle brothers and would probably sum up Everton's ambitions. Remember, Every Little Helps at Tescos, so come on down and fund a new ground for the blue half of dumbpool (okay, a generalisation of Merseyside but for some of the more sensitive amongst you I have worked alongside scousers for very many years I actually do like their sense of humour and generally speaking they are not a bad lot but I still always refer to the city as dumbpool).

Beckham? Rather Susan Boyle as center forward - she would terrify defences.

On a serious note, if you want to engage in debate and would think that 'brand Beckham' would enhance City's commercial activities then you do not fully understand our owners intentions for developing this football club into something truly remarkable. They have stellar plans for making City the biggest footballing club in the World. This means redeveloping the entire club from the bottom to the top. In every aspect the owners will transform City whilst maintaining the links to the community of which we are so proud, they will develop the youth policy, the business structure and the whole ethos around the place. Make no mistake, generations of City fans in the future have the world at their feet and much to look forward to. As for Beckham, it shows how far we have already come when we can say "we don't need or want him".

BulgarianPride said:
why exactly do you post in this forum?

probably cos' this is the bestist forum in the world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.