Being Treated like schoolkids by UEFA on Wednesday again

Didsbury Dave said:
Eccles Blue said:
Now let me see,...................

Manchester City FOOTBALL Club v Società Sportiva Calcio Napoli FOOTBALL Club and all you can complain about is not being able to get an alcoholic drink before/during/after the match inside the ground!!

I am going to watch two excellent teams play FOOTBALL. Just my humble opinion!! :-)

...so am I.

And UEFA have again removed my right to have an alcoholic drink with my family and friends in the stadium, which would increase my enjoyment. Having a beer at half time is part of gootball culture. Always has been.

Crowd trouble is largely, although I accept not completely, a thing of the past. I suspect there has been crowd trouble at less than 1% of UEFA games over the last 5 years. Crowd trouble in football stadia is practically non-existant. Banning alcohol for the 2 hours which fans are inside a stadium is totally unproven as a method to reduce violence. Indeed, as far as I can see, UEFA have not even explained what their reasoning is for this decision. Some have even said it is the "image of the game"! Yet UEFA are heavily sponsored by Heineken.

It's people like you, just accepting this nannying in an unquestioning way, who are the reason this goes on.

Of course, unless your in Corporate that is. The more money you have means that you are exempt from the normal rules that apply to everybody else. Funny how UEFA turn a blind eye when it suits!

From the OS

"City Square is where it's at for a cracking build-up. It will also be the only place to enjoy a beer near the Etihad Stadium. In compliance with regulations, no alcohol will be served inside the ground."

To be fair I understand why there are always some tossers at games who misbehave. Its annoying for us decent fans but there has to be some control or things would go crazy.

Didsbury Dave said:
I'm just making plans as usual with my mates and family to meet up for a pint before the Napoli game. Unless it's a special occasion that's what I always do at City. Meet my mates, have a pint, watch the game and go home.

I've just remembered that no alcohol is for sale at these games. Who the fuck do UEFA think they are, patronising paying football fans like this? Football is an entertainment business. If you go to the theatre it's routine to have a drink. If you go to a gig you havea drink. People like it. I like it. I don't get drunk. I don't smash the place up. I don't abuse anyone. I have a pint or two with my mates and enjoy myself.

Are they trying to teach us that we don't need alcohol to have a good time?Assuming we all just fucking lap it up like good little school children? The partonising bastards. Will City Square be open or will the powers that be deem me, the paying customer, to not be worthy of enough trust to have a couple of pints there either?

I can enjoy the game without a beer of course. And I can go to the pub 100 yards away to cheat the system. That's not the point. It's about time UEFA realised that we are paying customers with free choice, not naughty school children.

And while I'm at it, isn't it about time beer was allowed to be drunk in the stands again in the premier league? What a pointless, ridiculous rule. That's our government, not UEFA. And, like with the other Taylor report recommendations, we all just lap it up and feel grateful.

I know City have their hands tied, I'm not blaming them at all. But it's about time football in general started to realise that it is nothing without us paying matchday fans. If we don't turn up their precious TV product will die.
You can get help with this problem mate:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.alcoholics-anonymous.org.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.alcoholics-anonymous.org.uk/</a>

Didsbury Dave said:
r.soleofsalford said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I'm just making plans as usual with my mates and family to meet up for a pint before the Napoli game. Unless it's a special occasion that's what I always do at City. Meet my mates, have a pint, watch the game and go home.

I've just remembered that no alcohol is for sale at these games. Who the fuck do UEFA think they are, patronising paying football fans like this? Football is an entertainment business. If you go to the theatre it's routine to have a drink. If you go to a gig you havea drink. People like it. I like it. I don't get drunk. I don't smash the place up. I don't abuse anyone. I have a pint or two with my mates and enjoy myself.

Are they trying to teach us that we don't need alcohol to have a good time?Assuming we all just fucking lap it up like good little school children? The partonising bastards. Will City Square be open or will the powers that be deem me, the paying customer, to not be worthy of enough trust to have a couple of pints there either?

I can enjoy the game without a beer of course. And I can go to the pub 100 yards away to cheat the system. That's not the point. It's about time UEFA realised that we are paying customers with free choice, not naughty school children.

And while I'm at it, isn't it about time beer was allowed to be drunk in the stands again in the premier league? What a pointless, ridiculous rule. That's our government, not UEFA. And, like with the other Taylor report recommendations, we all just lap it up and feel grateful.

I know City have their hands tied, I'm not blaming them at all. But it's about time football in general started to realise that it is nothing without us paying matchday fans. If we don't turn up their precious TV product will die.

if this is you without i wouldnt like to meet you after youve had a few

I'm a lover not a fighter mate, when I've had a few.

Hugging people after goals, proclaiming my love for City and that.

Think we should make you eternally pissed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.