Belgium v Morocco - Sun 27th Nov, 13:00 | Group E | World Cup 2022

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alas I know, trouble is the level we're at now once age catches up with you I becomes apparent very quickly. I don't know how long Kev's got left at the top but I'm sure Pep will.
Whilst age is not kind to any player and his current form is not great, I think it is a little premature to write Kdb off yet. I seem to recall the first half of last season there were the same concerns about Kev and the second half of the season he was arguably the best player in the PL. I am not saying he is going to have the same impact this season, but he is still capable of moments of brilliance.

Whilst age is not kind to any player and his current form is not great, I think it is a little premature to write Kdb off yet. I seem to recall the first half of last season there were the same concerns about Kev and the second half of the season he was arguably the best player in the PL. I am not saying he is going to have the same impact this season, but he is still capable of moments of brilliance.
I wouldn't write him off he's been fantastic for us but the level we're at there isn't room for sentiment sadly and players drop down the pecking order.

Belgium struggling since they lost Maloneys managerial expertise last year. Martinez shouldn’t be in charge of a Welsh league team, let alone a National side with decent players. He’s made a career out of that FA Cup won.

I haven’t been following international football that much over the past few years and was stunned to find out he was actually still the Belgium manager at the start of the tournament

I assumed he would’ve been given the boot a few years ago

Regarding Kevin, I think his heart just wasn't in it. I don't think he likes the Belgium squad that much, and I think he probably had to make a choice of what he is going to focus on, the WC or our second half of the season.

Thought Morocco were excellent and their second goal showed more desire. The parallels between Belgium and England are uncomfortable, bags of skilful players managed by barely Championship standard coaches. Great atmosphere and I really enjoyed the combo on Drogba, French woman, our Zab and Mark Chapman. Quality lineup.

Yes he looks fucked a lot of the time and as you say a bit philosophical. I think he's a very calm individual so doesn't fret about things he can't change, like a bad result. He's still capable of winning games and his usual brilliance but these are fading and his passing radar is not what it was. Hopefully if he retires from international football we get a couple of more quality years out of him.
I think Kev has a few great years left with City but he has certainly played too many matches. Some players fade out gracefully and others just go overnight. Ya Ya seemed to go from being world-class to sub-standard in a few months. I think Kev will lead us to a CL before he is finished. Last season he looked leggy but at the business end of the season he really dragged us over the line with his goals and assists in the last ten games. I'll happily take that again this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.