Bell, Lee and Summerbee statue | Unveiled (pg19)

Just bumping this, didn’t want to start a new thread. But with current city great players time with us approaching the end, De Bruyne, Silva, Walker, I was just wondering who will be getting a statue?

Just bumping this, didn’t want to start a new thread. But with current city great players time with us approaching the end, De Bruyne, Silva, Walker, I was just wondering who will be getting a statue?
I see the criteria as being (in no particular order):
1/ 10+ years' service
2/ c. 400 appearances
3/ Being recognised as one of, if not the best in their position during their era.
4/ Trophies, records or status within the club (Club Captain, record goal scorer etc.)

On that basis, only KDB will qualify and I think he will deserve one in the same style as Sergio, Vinnie and Merlin as he's been just as influential in the same era as those three were.

After that, I don't think there'll be any more until Phil retires. But at the rate Phil's going, he could end up with 600+ appearances and be the most decorated English player ever. So who knows what will be appropriate to recognise his contribution by the time he's finished playing.

Obviously Pep deserves, and will surely get, significant recognition but I could see that being a stand rather than (or as well as) a statue, especially if he extends his contract to complete 10 years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.