Bellamy bust up with Marwood

In a power battle between player and manager there must only ever be one winner.

So if any player decides they can't work with Mancini, no matter how popular he is with some, the club has got to back the manager.

moomba said:
In a power battle between player and manager there must only ever be one winner.

So if any player decides they can't work with Mancini, no matter how popular he is with some, the club has got to back the manager.
Agreed.

Though for some it was different with the previous boss (not you, but some).

moomba said:

I agree with you Moomba, but unfortunately I can't see this being the case. Especially if the players are High profile, High investment, High performers and highly respected in the 'world' game.

Players today are more than just employees... they are a huge investment and the club will look after their investment.

Players today are more than just employees... they are a huge investment and the club will look after their investment.
Whilst I agree with what you're saying, I wouldn't think this to be the case with bellers. He has an appalling track record of falling out with club mates/managers/trainers etc. He seems to court controversy wherever he goes, and if he's not careful he could find himself out of the door come the end of season.

KentBlue said:
Whilst I agree with what you're saying, I wouldn't think this to be the case with bellers. He has an appalling track record of falling out with club mates/managers/trainers etc. He seems to court controversy wherever he goes, and if he's not careful he could find himself out of the door come the end of season.

Bellers is just 'ONE'...

Think there are a few on here who would be glad to see the back of bellers

Bellers wants out.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/apr/20/football-transfer-rumours" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... er-rumours</a>

dont believe that he wants out.. he knows he is nearing the end of his career and has always said he only has 2 years left.

I'd like to see him still here.. as having an off day he alway pulls a return on the next few games.. so it's perfect for us v Arsenal :)

moomba said:

Don't know how old you are or how long you've supported City Moomba but were you around in 1974 when Ron Saunders was manager?

He was supposedly a very strict disciplinarian and the players hated him after Allison and Johnny Hart. They protested to the chairman (allegedly) and he was sacked just before the end of the season to everyone's great relief.

Saunders went to Villa where he got them promotion, 2 League cups, the Championship and (although he left just before they won it) the European Cup. Book took over as permanent manager and we had our last really successful period.

So would he had done that for us if the chairman had backed him or was he the wrong person in the wrong place at the wrong time?

That was before my time, but an interesting one.

To be honest I don't even think whether the manager is the right man for the job is that relevant. Last year when Elano (one of my favourite players) was kicking off I felt the same even though I tended to agree with his (inferred) feelings on the former manager.

But the second the players decide who manages and who doesn't I think you're on a long path to failure. If the board decide that Mancini isn't the right man for the job then thats fair enough, I'll be disappointed but we move on.

If they decide that we need to get rid of Mancini or player A and player B and player C will walk, then I'd rather they let the player walk. No matter how good the player, no matter how big the investment. If we give in to player power we'll never get the success we want IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.