Bellamy bust up with Marwood

Bellamy was going mental before the match because he didn't have a pre-match meal. His meal in the hotel was burnt and there was no time to eat so he was fuming.

sweep said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I don't want Bellamy replaced. He's been a great pro on the field and is good enought o do it at the top level.

It's up to the manager to manage him properly and get the best out of him.
I disagree DD, passion and effort will only get you so far (though it'll rightly gain the respect of fans), he hasn't got the quality or the temperament to hold down a place in a top side, that's why he's never played for one.

There's a lot more to Bellamy's game than passion and effort.

Pace, ability to come inside people and finishing ability.

He's a very good player indeed. He fusses defenders.

Oh, and he's playing for one now and doing well.

Didsbury Dave said:
sweep said:
I disagree DD, passion and effort will only get you so far (though it'll rightly gain the respect of fans), he hasn't got the quality or the temperament to hold down a place in a top side, that's why he's never played for one.

I would add a more than decent left foot to that list.

Didsbury Dave said:
sweep said:

Bellamy is a good player no doubt about it Dave but at times his lack of ability to go past a man and his lack of ability to pick a pass lets him down. Infact he's pretty one dimentional in terms of he needs to be running in behind defenders to be effective. Against experienced defenders like the two Nevilles who know they're not blessed with pace they'll defend quite deep and make it extremely difficult for him to run in behind and this becomes a problem because he's not good enough on the ball with defenders in front of him to make things happen most of the time and sometimes you need that kind of player hence why i'd certainly be looking at bringing in a wide player who has plenty more ability on the ball

Failsworth_Blue said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Bellamy is a good player no doubt about it Dave but at times his lack of ability to go past a man and his lack of ability to pick a pass lets him down. Infact he's pretty one dimentional in terms of he needs to be running in behind defenders to be effective. Against experienced defenders like the two Nevilles who know they're not blessed with pace they'll defend quite deep and make it extremely difficult for him to run in behind and this becomes a problem because he's not good enough on the ball with defenders in front of him to make things happen most of the time and sometimes you need that kind of player hence why i'd certainly be looking at bringing in a wide player who has plenty more ability on the ball

Sorry mate, not having that at all.

He's one of the best in the premier league at going past people.

You are right that the way to nullify him is to sit deep. Phil Neville did it very well against Everton.

But pace is a hugely dangerous skill and, as Saturday shows, you only have to get away from your man once to create a goal.

Twice Bellars got away and arguably made the wrong decision. But he doesn't do that too often, he's a clever player.

Failsworth_Blue said:
Didsbury Dave said:

He's 30 yeas of age and he's been asked during his time at City to play, almost all the time, out of position. In interviews he has confirmed that this was tough at first and studied Arshavin's game on the left at length to try and get to grips with it.

Considering this, I'm loathe to criticise anything about his game, and can you imagine what he feels like, as a striker, getting criticism for his ability in a role that he's not even had a full season in yet?

As for an inability to go past people......I'm not sure we've watched the same player this season then. Ask Obi Mikkel what he's like at going past people.

Didsbury Dave said:
sweep said:

Take the blue tinted glasses off, we're challenging for 4th there is a huge gap (15 points to be precise) between us and the top.

m27 said:
Failsworth_Blue said:

He's 30 yeas of age and he's been asked during his time at City to play, almost all the time, out of position. In interviews he has confirmed that this was tough at first and studied Arshavin's game on the left at length to try and get to grips with it.

Considering this, I'm loathe to criticise anything about his game, and can you imagine what he feels like, as a striker, getting criticism for his ability in a role that he's not even had a full season in yet?

To be honest i'm not really having a go at Bellamy i'm just offering my opinion about what i think of Bellamy in the position he's playing in at the moment. You're right that it might not be his natural position but that still doesn't mean i shouldn't say what i think about the pro's and con's of his game. He's been excellent on the whole this season but when he comes up against a team that sits deep and a right back who'll stick on him he's not effective enough and i'd be looking at this come pre season

Dave we are all entitled an opinion however i can't agree that Bellamy is one of the best at going past people, very rarely does he beat a man when facing up to them one on one, he'll run at pace and as soon as a defender faces up to him he'll either turn inside and pass or go backwards, nothing wrong with that aslong as he keeps the ball but he lacks the passing ability to break down defences sometimes. His pace in behind is fantastic, he is a great asset in behind and usually makes the correct choices however theres been numerous games this season where he hasn't been able to have an inpact because we can't exploit his pace in behind

sweep said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Take the blue tinted glasses off, we're challenging for 4th there is a huge gap (15 points to be precise) between us and the top.

Another "Likkle Cityer" by the sound of it.

The games against Chelsea and Utd this season should have shown you that we are very very close already to their level.

We've had a new team to bed in, two managers and a huge amount of uncertainty and tactical tinkering to deal with.

That's why we are not in the top 3. Hell, a few less draws and we'd be there now.

Didsbury Dave said:
sweep said:

Another "Likkle Cityer" by the sound of it.

The games against Chelsea and Utd this season should have shown you that we are very very close already to their level.

We've had a new team to bed in, two managers and a huge amount of uncertainty and tactical tinkering to deal with.

That's why we are not in the top 3. Hell, a few less draws and we'd be there now.
Nothing likkle City about it, just realism. When your season target is somewhere between 4th and 6th you can't possibly class yourself as a top side.

Edit: I agree that it's a new side and hasn't settled but I'd add this side lacks the quality (midfield and fullbacks most obviously) to challenge at the top.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.