Bellamy is off

He's an average player who's never been good enough for a top side, we were fortunate enough to witness him playing in literally the form of his life last season and for a couple of months this season. His purple patch is over and he's looked fucked for a good while now, wouldn't play any major part for us nor any side we'll consider competition next season. £80,000 a week is a lot to pay for a bit part player, I have no problem if we get rid.

Mixed feelings.

First of all, I have no problem with him congratulating Redknapp, and people who do should really get a grip of themselves. Bellamy should be applauded for sportsmanship, not slated for it. Totally different to the Moyes situation, when Bellamy was totally out of order, and hopefully disciplined if true.

Never wanted us to sign him, and was pissed off when we did. Since then, I have had an uneasy time supporting him, but he has, by and large, won me over. Far better player than I thought he was, but you can't deny his form has dipped towards the end of the season.

On the whole I hope he is sold, preferably to Spurs, for two reasons. One, if he is the level of players they are looking at for the Champions League then they will be no threat to us next season (I include Carrick in that too).

Two, I am sick to fucking death of the City fans main criteria for support being 'putting a fucking shift in'. This is lauded above all else, including talent, and we will not be able to move forward until we break out of it. It has gone on for years, two recent examples of players who could only be idolised at City being Dickov and Andy Morrison.

Seems to me that if you are prepared to charge about, chasing lost causes and shouting at people all will be forgiven by our fans. If you work just as hard but play intelligently you will be berated for not 'putting in a shift'.

Exceptions to that, like Tevez who does both equally well, are few and far between. None of that is Bellamy's fault of course, and I wish him well in his remaining years in football as a player if he is sold (can't really imagine he has the temperament to be a manager lol)

SalfordCityBlue said:
Mixed feelings.

First of all, I have no problem with him congratulating Redknapp, and people who do should really get a grip of themselves. Bellamy should be applauded for sportsmanship, not slated for it. Totally different to the Moyes situation, when Bellamy was totally out of order, and hopefully disciplined if true.

Never wanted us to sign him, and was pissed off when we did. Since then, I have had an uneasy time supporting him, but he has, by and large, won me over. Far better player than I thought he was, but you can't deny his form has dipped towards the end of the season.

On the whole I hope he is sold, preferably to Spurs, for two reasons. One, if he is the level of players they are looking at for the Champions League then they will be no threat to us next season (I include Carrick in that too).

Two, I am sick to fucking death of the City fans main criteria for support being 'putting a fucking shift in'. This is lauded above all else, including talent, and we will not be able to move forward until we break out of it. It has gone on for years, two recent examples of players who could only be idolised at City being Dickov and Andy Morrison.

Seems to me that if you are prepared to charge about, chasing lost causes and shouting at people all will be forgiven by our fans. If you work just as hard but play intelligently you will be berated for not 'putting in a shift'

Exceptions to that, like Tevez who does both equally well, are few and far between. None of that is Bellamy's fault of course, and I wish him well in his remaining years in football as a player if he is sold (can't really imagine he has the temperament to be a manager lol)
Excellent point you make there SCB, very few top players charge around like idiots, they tend to expend energy when it is likely to count. I think the obsession some fans have with it is because of all the years we've spent watching shit players who have little more to offer than 'putting a shift in', thus players like Joey fucking Barton are idolised while Adebayor gets slagged off for being 'lazy'.

sweep said:
SalfordCityBlue said:
Mixed feelings.

Seems to me that if you are prepared to charge about, chasing lost causes and shouting at people all will be forgiven by our fans. If you work just as hard but play intelligently you will be berated for not 'putting in a shift'

Excellent point you make there SCB, very few top players charge around like idiots, they tend to expend energy when it is likely to count. I think the obsession some fans have with it is because of all the years we've spent watching shit players who have little more to offer than 'putting a shift in', thus players like Joey fucking Barton are idolised while Adebayor gets slagged off for being 'lazy'.

Absolutely spot on, Barton is a very limited player(and a phsycho), but is loved bacause he is a hard man(and a fucking tool) whilst adabayor gets slated for not running around like a headless chicken.

Excellent post. This is exactly right, whilst we all appreciate players with a good attitude we need to add real top quality if we want to move forward as a club.

It's important to find the right balance in a team, I don't want passengers in there but technical, gifted players who prefer to be on the ball than chasing it are what we need.

I hope Bobby Manc shares my view as under Hughes I feel that we were becoming a team that was happy to give the ball away and then chase it valiantly. I'd rather we just kept hold of the ball in the first place.

SalfordCityBlue said:
Mixed feelings.

Seems to me that if you are prepared to charge about, chasing lost causes and shouting at people all will be forgiven by our fans. If you work just as hard but play intelligently you will be berated for not 'putting in a shift'.

LIke him or hate him, Bellars as the ability to turn games. We don not have many that can do that. How many times did we see SWP, Viera, RSC, Ireland etc come on as sub and you thought I can see us scoring?? None, zilch - but Bellamy always looks like there's a goal/assist in him. Come what may, if he stays great if he fuck's off then best of luck and thanks pal you can hold you head up having been one that earned yer quorn.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.