Bellamy on his future (and the fall out) {merged}

I think that someone living in an unreal world.
or live only to attack Mancini.
Bellamy has cost little and can be sold with a little loss.
Robinho has cost a sea of money. an ocean.
and rightly Mancini is responsible to the club. must try to sell or exchange. but if this is not currently possible to try to recover to be able to sell in January or maybe next year. and so limit the financial loss of the club.

m27 said:
Billy, would you pick him in the 25 knowing that he wouldn't be a starter every week with the risk of the problems he may cause being a bit-part player?

Would you sell him to one of our biggest rivals?

Would you like to be a little clearer on this? If he's not good enough for us, why do we care if he goes to a rival? People on here argue he'll do shit, so what if he goes to Tottenham then? He's garbage right?<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:27 am --<br /><br />
YourBirdCanSing said:
Well ... Looks like he'll be out in some form or another before the deadline: <a class="postlink" href="http://tiny.cc/2yzkk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://tiny.cc/2yzkk</a>

Whether these interviews are pre meditated, or an honest guy shooting from the hip, it doesn't matter. He's gone against Mancini, and he's lost. Last night he asked Toshack for a full 90 mins, 'cos he's had so little game time pre-season. In the interview after the game, a BBC presenter told him about not being in the Europa league squad. The club hadn't. He's finished at City, sadly.

It's bad news for 2 reasons:

1. We're losing one of our best players. Forget his knees - last season he scored 10, had the most assists, and the best attitude of any player on the pitch bar Tevez. He linked up brilliantly with Carlos, and opposition teams HATED playing against him. If it hadn't been for Tevez's goals, Bellamy would have been our player of the season, No doubt about it.

2. I understand the manager has to have authority. But it has to be consistent. Mancini isn't showing strength here, he's showing exactly the same weakness we all criticized Hughes for. You can't let some players behave differently from others. Otherwise, nobody knows where they stand. Tevez speaks out against the training sessions, and he's made Club Captain. Bellamy speaks out, and he's forced out.

It's exactly what Hughes did. Robihno and Elano both behaved badly, but Hughes supported Robhino and scapegoated Elano. And exactly how did Robinho re-pay that loyalty? By taking the piss. Stand by for Tevez to do the same in the next 2 years.

Bellamy is an idiot, no question. But he's a great player. A vital player for us.

Mancini should have tried harder to work with him.If not, he should be consistent, and offload everyone who's ever criticized him publicly, (including Tevez, Robinho & Given).

Be consistent, or don't make a stand at all. This is BAD management.

Thank you sane man, it's unfortunate that the blues in the "not good enough for where we're going" club are likely to hound you forever on bluemoon though.

Do you ever hear United players speaking out of turn and upsetting Ferguson.
Thought not.

zeven said:
YourBirdCanSing said:
I agree with a lot of that. And since that press conference, Tevez did settle down a lot, you're right.

But why is Robinho in the 23? Mancini was tough with him initially, but since arriving in Brazil, he's whined about City at every opportunity. So naming him as one of the 23 sends out the same signal as Hughes did: "It's zero tolerance, but in special cases, I'll let you off ..."

Likewise, where's the public statement to Given & Hart?: "I'm in charge, I pick the keeper, and you can BOTH find another club if you don't like it ..."

Bellamy's been made an example of for personal, not professional reasons. It's not that Mancini doesn't want him - it's that he doesn't like him. Bellamy he was the second best player in the team last season. Mancini was brought in to manage all the players, not only the ones he likes. It's identical to what Hughes did with Elano.

You're correct, we'll need Bellamy less this season. But we'll need him a lot more than we'll need Roque Santa Cruz or Michael Johnson for the first Europa league match.

This is a mistake, and a revealing one. It's not strength, it's weak management.
Mancini did not go out to clear the topic on hard and given. why should he do different when it comes to bellamy? i dont think he has decided yet.

And no other player at this club has treated the fans,club and the boss like Bellamy has. hes gone to far. and i hope he never play for city again.

Yes, he did come out and clear the topic on Hart and Given. The club categorically denied that Hart would be going anywhere but in response to Given stated that the club need to have 2 good keepers. Not that Given wouldn't be going anywhere, just that 2 top keepers are needed.

When the Ade/Juventus rumours came out the club were quick to quash them. When the Bellers and Ireland rumours came out the club said fuck all for months and then subtly started dropping hints about not being sure if those players would be in the final 25. Players aren't stupid and realize that the ones who the club aren't clarifying their position on are basically being transfer listed. They aren't quashing the rumours because they hope it generates interest in the player being "available".

-- Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:44 am --

BillyMC said:
Do you ever hear United players speaking out of turn and upsetting Ferguson.
Thought not.

Anderson? Nani? No? Nothing?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ifting-the-lid-on-Manchester-United-rows.html

The fact of the matter is that Mancini is moving Bellamy on because his fragile ego can't handle the fact that not everyone regards him as a god. Anyone who dared to speak out about his style is being systematically shipped out of the club because of it. It has sod all to do with ability or Bellamy's interview. Bellamy simply wanted his side of the story out there before City decided to smear his name as justification for moving him out. Well played for Bellamy I say.

KentBlue said:
All players - not just the perceived 'superstars' - should remember that Mancini is the boss, when he says jump they should ask: 'How high'? That's how it should be. The manager is paid to manage the team and the players are paid to play for the team - it's not rocket science.

Bellamy has history (to say the least) of being disruptive and if he's deluded himself that he's more important to Manchester City than Roberto Mancini then there's only going to be one winner - and it won't be Craig Bellamy.

Unfortunately there are quite a few blues who don't like/want Mancini, and continue to seize on any opposition to him from within.

I'm not convinced he will win us anything either, much as I wasn't with Hughes, but both have acted in much the same way regarding players, keeping those they want, and getting rid of those that don't.

I'm in the let the manager manage bracket, simply because I don't see what goes on day to day.

macmanson said:
m27 said:
Billy, would you pick him in the 25 knowing that he wouldn't be a starter every week with the risk of the problems he may cause being a bit-part player?

Would you like to be a little clearer on this? If he's not good enough for us, why do we care if he goes to a rival? People on here argue he'll do shit, so what if he goes to Tottenham then? He's garbage right?

I reckon a massive majority of people who have commented have acknowledged that Bellamy has not missed out on the 25 or been frozen out for footballing reasons. Virtually everyone knows he is a decent player, it is other stuff that make supporters (and presumably management at City) question whether he is worth keeping.

macmanson said:
m27 said:

Would you like to be a little clearer on this? If he's not good enough for us, why do we care if he goes to a rival? People on here argue he'll do shit, so what if he goes to Tottenham then? He's garbage right?

-- Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:27 am --

YourBirdCanSing said:
Well ... Looks like he'll be out in some form or another before the deadline: <a class="postlink" href="http://tiny.cc/2yzkk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://tiny.cc/2yzkk</a>

Whether these interviews are pre meditated, or an honest guy shooting from the hip, it doesn't matter. He's gone against Mancini, and he's lost. Last night he asked Toshack for a full 90 mins, 'cos he's had so little game time pre-season. In the interview after the game, a BBC presenter told him about not being in the Europa league squad. The club hadn't. He's finished at City, sadly.

It's bad news for 2 reasons:

1. We're losing one of our best players. Forget his knees - last season he scored 10, had the most assists, and the best attitude of any player on the pitch bar Tevez. He linked up brilliantly with Carlos, and opposition teams HATED playing against him. If it hadn't been for Tevez's goals, Bellamy would have been our player of the season, No doubt about it.

2. I understand the manager has to have authority. But it has to be consistent. Mancini isn't showing strength here, he's showing exactly the same weakness we all criticized Hughes for. You can't let some players behave differently from others. Otherwise, nobody knows where they stand. Tevez speaks out against the training sessions, and he's made Club Captain. Bellamy speaks out, and he's forced out.

It's exactly what Hughes did. Robihno and Elano both behaved badly, but Hughes supported Robhino and scapegoated Elano. And exactly how did Robinho re-pay that loyalty? By taking the piss. Stand by for Tevez to do the same in the next 2 years.

Bellamy is an idiot, no question. But he's a great player. A vital player for us.

Mancini should have tried harder to work with him.If not, he should be consistent, and offload everyone who's ever criticized him publicly, (including Tevez, Robinho & Given).

Be consistent, or don't make a stand at all. This is BAD management.

Thank you sane man, it's unfortunate that the blues in the "not good enough for where we're going" club are likely to hound you forever on bluemoon though.

No probs.

So now we might finally be selling Robinho also:http://tiny.cc/uxs64

Can't argue with this - he desperately wants away. But when Silva is injured/suspended who's going to play on the left?

AJ? (clearly more effective and happier on the right).
SWP?
Maybe he sees Balotelli there alos, I dunno.

We are shipping out a lethal, dangerously effective left-sided player, who doesn't want to leave, without even trying to solve the issues or give him a last chance.

Sorry, but it's just bad management.

cleavers said:
Unfortunately there are quite a few blues who don't like/want Mancini, and continue to seize on any opposition to him from within.

That's the same with any Gaffer. I've never liked Kevin Keegan as a Manager yet I was 100% behind Sven throughout. Both made good and bad signings. Both had their favorites.

Bellamy obviously isn't one for the long term and if he's not impressed with the new regime then he should move on. I take no pleasure from his departure because he's the sort of Player who always puts a shift in - but, as others have pointed out, Bellamy is not Manchester City. No Player is.

Robinho must start performing immediately if he's going to get a place in the Squad but I don't see it and I hope he continues to bury himself with his outbursts. I hope someone else is stupid enough to take him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.