Bellamy on his future (and the fall out) {merged}

YourBirdCanSing said:
Well ... Looks like he'll be out in some form or another before the deadline: <a class="postlink" href="http://tiny.cc/2yzkk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://tiny.cc/2yzkk</a>

Whether these interviews are pre meditated, or an honest guy shooting from the hip, it doesn't matter. He's gone against Mancini, and he's lost. Last night he asked Toshack for a full 90 mins, 'cos he's had so little game time pre-season. In the interview after the game, a BBC presenter told him about not being in the Europa league squad. The club hadn't. He's finished at City, sadly.

It's bad news for 2 reasons:

1. We're losing one of our best players. Forget his knees - last season he scored 10, had the most assists, and the best attitude of any player on the pitch bar Tevez. He linked up brilliantly with Carlos, and opposition teams HATED playing against him. If it hadn't been for Tevez's goals, Bellamy would have been our player of the season, No doubt about it.

2. I understand the manager has to have authority. But it has to be consistent. Mancini isn't showing strength here, he's showing exactly the same weakness we all criticized Hughes for. You can't let some players behave differently from others. Otherwise, nobody knows where they stand. Tevez speaks out against the training sessions, and he's made Club Captain. Bellamy speaks out, and he's forced out.

It's exactly what Hughes did. Robihno and Elano both behaved badly, but Hughes supported Robhino and scapegoated Elano. And exactly how did Robinho re-pay that loyalty? By taking the piss. Stand by for Tevez to do the same in the next 2 years.

Bellamy is an idiot, no question. But he's a great player. A vital player for us.

Mancini should have tried harder to work with him.If not, he should be consistent, and offload everyone who's ever criticized him publicly, (including Tevez, Robinho & Given).

Be consistent, or don't make a stand at all. This is BAD management.

Absolutely spot on

YourBirdCanSing said:
Well ... Looks like he'll be out in some form or another before the deadline: <a class="postlink" href="http://tiny.cc/2yzkk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://tiny.cc/2yzkk</a>

Whether these interviews are pre meditated, or an honest guy shooting from the hip, it doesn't matter. He's gone against Mancini, and he's lost. Last night he asked Toshack for a full 90 mins, 'cos he's had so little game time pre-season. In the interview after the game, a BBC presenter told him about not being in the Europa league squad. The club hadn't. He's finished at City, sadly.

1. We're losing one of our best players. Forget his knees - last season he scored 10, had the most assists, and the best attitude of any player on the pitch bar Tevez. He linked up brilliantly with Carlos, and opposition teams HATED playing against him. If it hadn't been for Tevez's goals, Bellamy would have been our player of the season, No doubt about it.

2. I understand the manager has to have authority. But it has to be consistent. Mancini isn't showing strength here, he's showing exactly the same weakness we all criticized Hughes for. You can't let some players behave differently from others. Otherwise, nobody knows where they stand. Tevez speaks out against the training sessions, and he's made Club Captain. Bellamy speaks out, and he's forced out.

It's exactly what Hughes did. Robihno and Elano both behaved badly, but Hughes supported Robhino and scapegoated Elano. And exactly how did Robinho re-pay that loyalty? By taking the piss. Stand by for Tevez to do the same in the next 2 years.

Bellamy is an idiot, no question. But he's a great player. A vital player for us.

Mancini should have tried harder to work with him.If not, he should be consistent, and offload everyone who's ever criticized him publicly, (including Tevez, Robinho & Given).

Dont agree, i believe

Tevez was not happy with the "haerd training" but we know tevez complain about the exact same thing at United. Still he goes on with it and dont make stupid fucking things or try to undermine the Manager.

What Bellamy didt at Spurs and everton was a hit in MY face as a fan, especailly the spurs game who was the worst defeat i ever experienced as a city supporter.

and to destablish the Harmony in the club a few days before this very important season is a NO NO and needs to be dealt with the hard way!

-- Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:29 am --

squirtyflower said:
GStar said:
Bellamy's an honest player - his own person, with his own views who isn't afraid to express them. I like that.

The SSN interview, he said nothing wrong imo, and he should, on ability, be in our 25. He said numerous times that he wanted to stay ( in that interview) but without actually being told, City are forcing him out of the door with actions, rather than words. A bit like Ireland.

Show our players a bit of respect and let them know where they stand. Bellamy gives as much as anyone on the pitch and his main source of 'trouble' has either been around lazy team mates or coaching staff not understanding his injury.

Hardly a trouble maker at our club, look at the amount of legal action he's taken and the retractions the papers have printed.

I don't like our conduct at the moment, and Mancini doesn't seemed to have improved his English over the summer - which doesn't help.

It's playerS and we don't arrive at he top 4 we challenge for it.

Anyway...
well done Gstar, some much needed balance
i'm for supporting the club over there dealings but they should show all their employees respect
if you have tough decisions to make you should also have the balls to face people and tell them exactly where they stand
i certainly don't like the way we seem to be freezing people out on the sly
What? strange its Bellamy we are talking about? its obvious he is the one who have shown little to non respect for the club and manager? why els would he be in the center of attantion? its not like Mancini and the club picked a player at random to have this dispute with.
Some ppl in here really need to wake up! and take their fucking Bellamy glasses OFF

i made a U-turn yesterday because of the overwhelming evidence against Bellamy as i have always been a big fan of his! but i was wrong about him and i fucking mature enough to admitt it.

zeven said:
What Bellamy didt at Spurs and everton was a hit in MY face as a fan, especailly the spurs game who was the worst defeat i ever experienced as a city supporter.

Some ppl in here really need to wake up!
you are an incredibly lucky lad if that is the worst defeat you've ever experienced

your last sentence is the most accurate self portrait yet

squirtyflower said:
zeven said:

Some ppl in here really need to wake up!
you are an incredibly lucky lad if that is the worst defeat you've ever experienced

What because i havent been a supporter for 30 odd years? Or becausey now in recent memory this is the worst defeat i ever experienced? or because regarding Bellamy's past and what photage and the club says he have done, made my thoughts and support for him to change??

zeven said:
squirtyflower said:

What because i havent been a supporter for 30 odd years? Or becausey now in recent memory this is the worst defeat i ever experienced? or because regarding Bellamy's past and what photage and the club says he have done, made my thoughts and support for him to change??
who mentioned how long you had been supporting City
you are a tad touchy mate
i'd take some diasapam, chill out a bit, and see things for what they really are rather than jump on another bandwagon slating our players

just quote me what the 'club' has said
you'll only find newspapers, nothing from the club

zeven said:
squirtyflower said:

I agree mate ive been there when we have been relegated more than once the 2 0 up derby and lost 3 2 game springs to mind for me theres plenty of games where we ve let ourselves down following city over the years that spurs defeat is right up there with the worst for me to fuckin hate that club and to lose like that was one of my worst

Is Bellamy Tevez's official spokes person now? If Bellamy had said Tevez was banging David Platt behind the scenes but he was still a closet homo-sexual would you take any notice?

He has been a great player for us and I would like him to stay ideally. I do wonder as to his recent motives though especially with that nauseating mateyness shown to Twatknapp having lost our cup final.

If he goes then anywhere but Spurs. Celtic ideally. Better still though public apologies and handshakes all round.

projectriver said:
YourBirdCanSing said:

Absolutely spot on

Ok so its fine for a player to speak out against management, joke and laugh with opposition managers after a massive loss and support fuckers like Moyes? Oh yeah I forgot, its Bellamy, he points and shouts a lot so he shows passion. Passion for the club is not necessarily displayed on the pitch solely. Look at Vinny, you can see he has a great passion when he plays, but he also shows the respect the club serves off the pitch. 100% professional. In any other work environment Craig Bellamy wouldve been shown the door 6 months ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.