Bellamy

No ambition have you. Perhaps if we didnt accept second best we wouldnt always get it.[/quote] Dave, It would appear that the players with great ambition dont wont to join us just yet..[/quote]

Yes it would appear that way. I simply dont accept that Bellamy is the best of what is available.[/quote]

So that means that you ain't going to support him whilst he wears the blue shirt?[/quote]

I dont support any of the players mate. They all come and go its City I'm interested in.

M18CTID said:
[quote="davefrombury
Mate the Bellamy lovers dont bother checking facts!

He's not as prolific as someone like Owen but he's a damn sight more prolific than any other strikers on our books. Granted, Bojinov hasn't had a chance of proving himself in this division yet and Sturridge is still up and coming but if you look at all our other forwards then it's probably fair to say that we've got arguably the worst strike-force in the whole of the Premiership. If it wasn't for Robinho's and Ireland's goals this season we'd be in a much worse position than we are now (as if it isn't bad enough already). Bellamy is a significant improvement on any of the fit strikers on our books at the moment both in terms of goals-to-games ratio and the fact that he is an in-your-face player and there is more to his game than simply scoring goals. He may be a nasty little shit and he may have been pegged back by injuries of late but if he behaves himself and stays fit then he'll be a good acquisition, and will probably represent better value at £10m-£11m than the £16m-£18m-£20m-£25m being mentioned for Santa Cruz.[/quote]
Totally agree, which of our strikers have outscored him since xmas? never mind all season

johnmc said:
Well he clearly improves the team - if your not bothered about who the players are in effect just the team then be happy that an incoming player improves the team.

Well in my opinion he doesnt clearly improve the team. We are buying him as a striker a striker who has a very poor scoring record over the last 2 or 3 years. Oh I forgot people say he's much more than a goal scorer.

davefrombury said:
johnmc said:
Well he clearly improves the team - if your not bothered about who the players are in effect just the team then be happy that an incoming player improves the team.

Well in my opinion he doesnt clearly improve the team. We are buying him as a striker a striker who has a very poor scoring record over the last 2 or 3 years. Oh I forgot people say he's much more than a goal scorer.

So you dont think he is better than Vass, Jo, Benjani or Evans?

julio jordio said:
has the sort of arrogant and aggresive nature that comes with a winning mentality...

No. Arrogant and aggressive does not always equate to a winning mentality. Plenty of players have a winning mentality without being an arrogant and aggessive wanker. Some people are arrogant and aggressive and total losers.

All we are doing is (desperately) trying to justify to ourselves why we have bought Fowler MkII for a stupid amount of money so that Hughes has at least one player in the dressing room who doesn't think he is a cock...

...assuming of course we do buy Bellamy. Which we may not. Hopefully.

Pheonix said:
M18CTID said:
[quote="davefrombury
Mate the Bellamy lovers dont bother checking facts!

He's not as prolific as someone like Owen but he's a damn sight more prolific than any other strikers on our books. Granted, Bojinov hasn't had a chance of proving himself in this division yet and Sturridge is still up and coming but if you look at all our other forwards then it's probably fair to say that we've got arguably the worst strike-force in the whole of the Premiership. If it wasn't for Robinho's and Ireland's goals this season we'd be in a much worse position than we are now (as if it isn't bad enough already). Bellamy is a significant improvement on any of the fit strikers on our books at the moment both in terms of goals-to-games ratio and the fact that he is an in-your-face player and there is more to his game than simply scoring goals. He may be a nasty little shit and he may have been pegged back by injuries of late but if he behaves himself and stays fit then he'll be a good acquisition, and will probably represent better value at £10m-£11m than the £16m-£18m-£20m-£25m being mentioned for Santa Cruz.
Totally agree, which of our strikers have outscored him since xmas? never mind all season[/quote]

Since Xmas bloody hell thats a bit selective isnt it?

johnmc said:
davefrombury said:
johnmc said:

So you dont think he is better than Vass, Jo, Benjani or Evans?

The way we have been playing 4-5-1 he will perform the same.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.