Bellamy

davefrombury said:
johnmc said:
Well he clearly improves the team - if your not bothered about who the players are in effect just the team then be happy that an incoming player improves the team.

Well in my opinion he doesnt clearly improve the team. We are buying him as a striker a striker who has a very poor scoring record over the last 2 or 3 years. Oh I forgot people say he's much more than a goal scorer.
He gets 10 goals a season and has done throughout his Premiership career.

The question is his fitness - not his ability. His ability is proven.

Given a choice of Villa, Torres or Bellamy, we all know who we'd take, but I don't think we have the choice.

The players we are linked with are not superstars, but they are all very much better than what we have, and the type of players that have seen Villa target a top 4 spot

johnmc said:
davefrombury said:
The way we have been playing 4-5-1 he will perform the same.

You don't know that. So anyway, do you think he is a better player than the 4 i mentioned?

No I dont know that but I am allowed an opinion. To answer your question I believe he is better than Vass and Evans.

davefrombury said:
No I dont know that but I am allowed an opinion. To answer your question I believe he is better than Vass and Evans.

So if we get rid of evans and replace him with Bellamy then you agree that it improves the squad which is what we are bothered about.

johnmc said:
davefrombury said:

So if we get rid of evans and replace him with Bellamy then you agree that it improves the squad which is what we are bothered about.

Erm now thats a hard one isnt it? Of course I would agree with that. Now answer me a question do you believe Bellamy is the best forward we can buy this window?

davefrombury said:
Erm now thats a hard one isnt it? Of course I would agree with that. Now answer me a question do you believe Bellamy is the best forward we can buy this window?

I'd say he is up there. Who else is available. I'd have Owen ahead of him yes, but think he wants one last big payday so will see out his contract, Podolski maybe but don't know if he will cut it in the prem and if he is that good he would play more at Bayern. Who else, Robbie Keane maybe, similar player with a better goalscoring record, older though and was bought for £20m + 6 months ago.

Adriano on his day obviously but its a risk and would cost more but he is younger.

Who else is available do you think? Tevez? Of course but about 3x as exspensive and unlikely to come.

johnmc said:
davefrombury said:

I'd say he is up there. Who else is available. I'd have Owen ahead of him yes, but think he wants one last big payday so will see out his contract, Podolski maybe but don't know if he will cut it in the prem and if he is that good he would play more at Bayern. Who else, Robbie Keane maybe, similar player with a better goalscoring record, older though and was bought for £20m + 6 months ago.

Adriano on his day obviously but its a risk and would cost more but he is younger.

Who else is available do you think? Tevez? Of course but about 3x as exspensive and unlikely to come.

Owen would be my first choice, maybe swap Benji for Crouch, Keane must want away yes, Bent might be surplus now at Spuds.
Somebody on here the other day said they were Crouch's cousin and he would love to play for City.

davefrombury said:
Owen would be my first choice, maybe swap Benji for Crouch, Keane must want away yes, Bent might be surplus now at Spuds.
Somebody on here the other day said they were Crouch's cousin and he would love to play for City.

Like I say I think Owen has given Newcastle his word that he is staying til the end of the season and therefore that makes him unavailable. Doubt pompey need to sell anymore and personally I would prefer Bellamy. Your right though, some of Crouch's family are city fans.

Bent not a bad shout, the price to us though would i guess be what they paid for Defoe at least meaning £15m (or £19m if you count the sell on clause). They might want to keep him though as Defoe, Pavlewhatever and Bent are their 3 strikers - the other fella is a rag. They have been burnt before for selling too many strikers. So maybe he isnt available.

So off your list you can take out owen and possible Bent and we disagree on Crouch.

There arent many better about that are available are there?

Assuming Bellamy is a stop gap it will be interesting to see his goals/mins on the pitch, £/goals compared to Beattie at Stoke,

Just a thought

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.