BELLERS v ROBBIE

Jonny Boy

Since day one Bellers has done more in terms of good ole fashioned graft, team spirit, technical skill, postioning, creating goals for others, moaning - which makers others do their job to get him of their backs..hahah - and a 101% comittment to the team and us the fans

....by the way ...hands of Harry - pathetic to see the press trying to tap him up to Rednap

IMO, Bellers did more in one move than Robbie most of the match -his run, desire, positioning, and absolute determination to get another goal and bury the match...should have been a penalty!!

For me this spoke volumes. When I travel 100 miles or more to watch us play, and spend over £100 ( most games I go to are the London ones and Midlands) it's what I love to see.

So good to see players playing not just for themsleves/manager but for us the fans - it's then that I feel we are as one and it all makes sense to follow my club through thick and thin.

P.S. Robbie fans, watch any recent highlights this season and count how mnay square / back / miss-placed passes he makes compared to forward ones. Then count how many times he runs into space to collect the ball after he has made a pass. Surely this is what he should be doing....isn't it??!!

Now, before you think I'm just having a go, I would love to see them both playing as well as each other. What a partnership it could be but I don't feel Robbie really wants that...whereas Tevers blantantly does.

Robinho isn't on form, probably still not fully fit.
If he wants to stay and we can get him back to his best he'll be a real asset to the club again.

He's never going to be a 110% type player, or a defensive giant. Personally I don't think it's essential that all 11 players are.

We're not necessarily in a straight Robinho v Bellamy situation either.

moomba said:
If he wants to stay and we can get him back to his best he'll be a real asset to the club again.

He's never going to be a 110% type player, or a defensive giant. Personally I don't think it's essential that all 11 players are.

point taken and I agree it shouldn't be one player against another...that divides a team. It's more about comparing what could be between them.

moomba said:

Whiolst i would agree with you in that i dont think it is essential that 11 players are - essentially what you then need a rock solid set of players behind him - we have a major problem at left back and when Robbie plays its clear for all to see - Bellers is up and down the pitch and does more of the ball and is far more direct than Robbie.

I would love to see Robbie stay but for me at least he is going to have to improve significantly because the way he got shoved off the ball yesterday was not good

I dont see it as a straight Robbi v Bellars decision either, particularly under the new gaffer, but as one of Robbi's biggest fans i am finding it increasingly difficult to keep fighting his corner. His first touch was terrible yesterday and he just seems completely lacking any confidence at all.

Personally, i really hope Mancini can get Robbi believeing that he can make his name again at City.
But its going to take a masterstroke to do it.

Cheltblue said:
I dont see it as a straight Robbi v Bellars decision either, particularly under the new gaffer, but as one of Robbi's biggest fans i am finding it increasingly difficult to keep fighting his corner. His first touch was terrible yesterday and he just seems completely lacking any confidence at all.

Personally, i really hope Mancini can get Robbi believeing that he can make his name again at City.
but its going to take a masterstroke to do it.

I cant see a place for him in his current form - sad to say it but i think for most City fans Robbie is a squad player

Cheltblue said:

But its going to take a masterstroke to do it.

Agree. complete lack of confidence hence his constant little back or square passes.

Strange really, but I feel it's his own doing. He seems to be the kind of player looking for others to blame or looking for a move to another club to hide his frailities...I hope not

nimrod said:
I just dont think he's arsed

I think he needs to be because he is making an utter and total cock of himself with performances like that

bellers would get in any side at the moment, ahead of robbie in ours for me.robbie will be back once mancini works out how to use him properly.
he has far too much class to play like he has been doing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.