BELLERS v ROBBIE

dctid said:
Cheltblue said:
I dont see it as a straight Robbi v Bellars decision either, particularly under the new gaffer, but as one of Robbi's biggest fans i am finding it increasingly difficult to keep fighting his corner. His first touch was terrible yesterday and he just seems completely lacking any confidence at all.

Personally, i really hope Mancini can get Robbi believeing that he can make his name again at City.
but its going to take a masterstroke to do it.

I cant see a place for him in his current form - sad to say it but i think for most City fans Robbie is a squad player

You may be right mate, but of thats the size of it, he wont stick around as a squad player.

Robinho has at some point in the past made his name as a world class player. Its in there somewhere and hopefully Mancini is the man to bring back the 'real' Robinho.

Jonny Boy said:
Cheltblue said:
I dont see it as a straight Robbi v Bellars decision either, particularly under the new gaffer, but as one of Robbi's biggest fans i am finding it increasingly difficult to keep fighting his corner. His first touch was terrible yesterday and he just seems completely lacking any confidence at all.

Personally, i really hope Mancini can get Robbi believeing that he can make his name again at City.
But its going to take a masterstroke to do it.

Agree. complete lack of confidence hence his constant little back or square passes.

Strange really, but I feel it's his own doing. He seems to be the kind of player looking for others to blame or looking for a move to another club to hide his frailities...I hope not

Yeh, if he is looking to move on then in my book its 'close the door on the way out'.

But i hope we hang onto him this window and Mancini gets a real opportunity to turn Robinhos fortunes at City.

Cheltblue said:
dctid said:
I cant see a place for him in his current form - sad to say it but i think for most City fans Robbie is a squad player

You may be right mate, but of thats the size of it, he wont stick around as a squad player.

Robinho has at some point in the past made his name as a world class player. Its in there somewhere and hopefully Mancini is the man to bring back the 'real' Robinho.

Then if he goes he goes - would be a bit gutted but for me if he aint prepared to put a shift in both on anf off the ball then i would rather see him replaced.

Performances like what??....... "we won 2-0 with Robinho in the team!!" ......in the post match interview with the manager he said "Robinho was coming back to full match fitness after injury." good enough for me, starting to think we got beat yesterday the way you lot go on.

Hard to compare as they are 2 completely different style of player, Bellers with pace energy & aggression Robbie with a bit of style & flair. On current form Bellers is the No. 1 choice but we need both in the squad playing well for a bit of variety & options, a lot of games coming up and we know about Beelers knees.

Only saw the highlights of the game on MOTD would hope that Robbie just need games to get back into the way of things, hope that is the case anyway, but needs to start producing the goods on the park at prent £32m is a lot for a bit part player.

Kirkstall Blue said:
Performances like what??....... "we won 2-0 with Robinho in the team!!" ......in the post match interview with the manager he said "Robinho was coming back to full match fitness after injury." good enough for me, starting to think we got beat yesterday the way you lot go on.

Cus we're discussing ONE player (not the team, performance, result and the many other plusses which have been discussed on almost every other thread, and rightly so) on a discussion forum?

Ok yesterday Robbie just had one of them games where nothing went for him.I mean he even missed controlled it a couple of times which is very rare for him.Longterm though I think his biggest problem is it is very hard to be good consistrntly in the Premier League when you have neither any pace or strength and Robbie is badly lacking in both.This is not a dig at him and I love a flair player but it's the truth.

I sometimes feel a bit sorry for him because a lot of people seem to think he's just lazy and if he wanted to he could destroy teams week in week out.

Kirkstall Blue said:

Because we won yesterday presumably you dont think we need any new defenders or if a Villa or a Ribery was to come along you would say nah fook off we beat Stoke 2 - Nil.

People get too fookin defensive over Robbie yes we all want him back to last season but everytime he looses the ball he just fookin stands there expecting others to get it back for him.

In a La Liga type league he would shine because its not a fast and certanly less physical - but remember whan at Real he also struggled for a first team place and his form was patchy.

Watched the game again and Robinho wasn't as bad as everyone seems to be making out. He was about on par with Tevez performance wise. Both players were involved in the first goal, both made simple passes throughout, both made a few really poor passes and both had a couple of poor efforts from distance.
Every player on the pitch for City fell somewhere between the 6 and 7 out of ten mark.

Get behind players who are out of form/low on confidence - even the expensive ones,

Apart from that I'm honestly bored stiff of these Robi vs Bellers threads. Christ all-fookin-mighty! I'm done.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.