BELLERS v ROBBIE

jimharri said:
hgblue said:
It is relative to the fact that one of them is a world class player and the other is a footballing nomad who has won bugger all throughout his career. Think you'll find Barcelona have been in for one of them. Care to guess which one? I'll give you a clue, it's the current Brazillian international who has already played for Real Madrid.
So, at the moment, you'd have Robinho in the team ahead of Bellamy?

If he's fit Robinho plays for me. The question is Bellamy or Petrov on the left? It's Petrov for me. I think he's a great player.

Some of the shite on here about Robinho is incredible. The lad was our top scorer last season and entertained us , especially at home, like we aint been entertained since Kinkladzi. This season he has had a serious injury and is working his way back into shape. Apart from Spurs , where the WHOLE team was woeful he, he has been ok. Against Chelsea I thought his touch was superb, he drew in players, laid off great little passes all over the pitch. Yesterday, his touch deserted him but he still could have had two or three goals. They will come. Whilst he was on the pitch we were as good as when he wasnt. I defend anyones right to criticise the lad for the odd poor display, but idiots are turning it into more than that. OK he's not for a windy night at Fratton park, but some of his football in home games has been of the highest quality I have ever seen.

Some of the Robinho is crap posts are more than laughable, they just show how fucking stupid some of our div fans are. I take it some of you have forgotten the mighty Rick Holden or the dynamic Nigel Gleghorn.

The lad has brought skill, style and a fucking big smile to the kids watching.

The dickheads will only be happy when he's gone, rather than support him through an average patch. He deserves better.

hgblue said:
jimharri said:
So, at the moment, you'd have Robinho in the team ahead of Bellamy?

If he's fit Robinho plays for me. The question is Bellamy or Petrov on the left? It's Petrov for me. I think he's a great player.
I'm staggered. If Bellamy isn't our player of the season (so far) he must be up there with Shay and NDJ. And you'd drop him for Petrov in order to accomodate Petrov. I'd play Bellamy on the left and either Petrov or SWP on the right. I can't argue with MP's record this season re. his goals per start ratio. However, SWP does offer more cover to his full back. So unless you pick Robbie as a striker alongside Carlos, I'm struggling to find a spot for him. Midfield? Who do you drop? Nigel is playing fantastic and both Barry and Stevie had good games yesterday. Rotation? That was tried yesterday when Bellamy was rested (or dropped if you're the media!). Robbie got his chance and didn't deliver. I will concede that if both Robbie and Craig were playing on top of their game Robbie would be a better individual player. However, that isn't the case at the moment. On current form Craig is streets ahead of Rob. You saw the reception when he came on yesterday. The fans who go week in week out love him and they see his performances every week whereas unfortunately, because of my location, I rely heavily on both TV and here for my information.

jimharri said:
hgblue said:
I'm staggered. If Bellamy isn't our player of the season (so far) he must be up there with Shay and NDJ. And you'd drop him for Petrov in order to accomodate Petrov. I'd play Bellamy on the left and either Petrov or SWP on the right. I can't argue with MP's record this season re. his goals per start ratio. However, SWP does offer more cover to his full back. So unless you pick Robbie as a striker alongside Carlos, I'm struggling to find a spot for him. Midfield? Who do you drop? Nigel is playing fantastic and both Barry and Stevie had good games yesterday. Rotation? That was tried yesterday when Bellamy was rested (or dropped if you're the media!). Robbie got his chance and didn't deliver. I will concede that if both Robbie and Craig were playing on top of their game Robbie would be a better individual player. However, that isn't the case at the moment. On current form Craig is streets ahead of Rob. You saw the reception when he came on yesterday. The fans who go week in week out love him and they see his performances every week whereas unfortunately, because of my location, I rely heavily on both TV and here for my information.

Nice problems to have though...truth is we've got a wealth of attacking talent and with injuries they will all get runs in the team

jimharri said:
hgblue said:

I'm a season ticket holder at Eastlands and I can confirm that the fans love Bellamy. It was like Elvis had entered the building when he came on yesterday! Personally, I think he's over rated, and I prefer Petrov. I realise it's a minority opinion, but Mancini's team selection suggests that he thinks along similar lines.

if robbino had the passion of rooney he wud be better than him but he hasnt and without it any kind of consistancy is impossible glimmses of wot he can do r useless with bellamy u know pretty much wot ur gonna get from him each week i wont be sorry 1 bit if barca take him away

hgblue said:
I'm a season ticket holder at Eastlands and I can confirm that the fans love Bellamy. It was like Elvis had entered the building when he came on yesterday! Personally, I think he's over rated, and I prefer Petrov. I realise it's a minority opinion, but Mancini's team selection suggests that he thinks along similar lines.
Fair enough; you're entitled to your opinon. All I will say is that in reply to you saying that you prefer Petrov, I did put forward the option of CB on the left and MP on the right. It's obvious we're not going to agree, so there's no point me arguing about it.

jimharri said:
hgblue said:
Fair enough; you're entitled to your opinon. All I will say is that in reply to you saying that you prefer Petrov, I did put forward the option of CB on the left and MP on the right. It's obvious we're not going to agree, so there's no point me arguing about it.

Unfortunately. I'm also a big SWP fan, so that option is also a no go for me. I'm not arguing with you either. I respect your opinion. Just wanted to give a minority opinion an airing.

hgblue said:
jimharri said:

Unfortunately. I'm also a big SWP fan, so that option is also a no go for me. I'm not arguing with you either. I respect your opinion. Just wanted to give a minority opinion an airing.
That's the problem; too many decent players. Stick some of them on the market next month. We should get a decent price for the likes of Bellamy, Rob, SWP, Stevie, GazBaz etc.

aky0zl.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.