Ben Chilwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I don’t think so , if we don’t sign a decent dm/Cm

the defence will still be exposed whoever Is laporte’s partner and our keeper ain’t the best shot stopper,

the team needs freshening up , its gone stale , teams aren’t afraid of us or combing to the Etihad . We will be lucky to finish top 3 if we don’t sign a decent dm/Cm , left back and a forward we will he just a shit as this season gone
You don't half talk some shite. It'll be us or Liverpool again his year with the rest at least 10 points further back.

Ederson is an excellent shot stopper and made some crucial saves last year. His couple of mistakes he makes get magnified as he has so little to do. Same with the defence who were second best in the league conceding only 2 goals more than Liverpool.

As for forwards you do realize we've had the best frontline for about 4 years now despite the media claiming the Liverpool frontline is the best ever.

How is this an upgrade on Marcos Alonso? Chelsea fans take Alonso for granted. I don't think they rate him but technically he's better than Chilwell. City conceded 35 goals in the league but Chelsea conceded a monumental 54. Is that a problem with personnel or coaching? I like Frank Lampard's demeanour but that's a terrible statistic.

Speaking of stats; not hugely impressive.

skysports-ben-chilwell-graphic_5009282.png

Speaking of stats; not hugely impressive.

skysports-ben-chilwell-graphic_5009282.png

That suggests he's rather one dimensional. I've only seen him play against us and I didn't see it in him. Whilst everyone can have an off day, for that money he needs to be playing very well against the top teams

Good player and for £50m they've improved a problem position. Alonso sprints forward but walks the other way.
This lad is similar type of full back to Leighton Baines.

Many commentators will be talking about Chelsea's window and the players they have brought in and may bring in but remember the farcical way their season ended. Their defending was even worse than City in Pep's first season. And they've yet to address it.

Managers like OGS and Lampard have to produce this season. I think CFC have decent defenders individually but collectively they had some diabolical games at the end of the season that would have embarrassed the manager. Perhaps they think that they don't need to buy to improve. I know they're buying Chilwell but it's central defence that was the problem. If you think we were bad, they were far worse.

He's a decent player, def the pick of the English left backs. But for that kinda money, you're better off looking at the kid Hernandez at AC Milan.

The difference between Chillwell & Zinchenko, for the way City play, isn't even worth talking about.

I used to think I'd reluctantly have Chillwell, if nothing else was available, because Zinchenko is so non existent & uninspiring, But watching him closely in recent times I can't see one single thing he offers, above average, other than being English.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.