Ben Chilwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly what we need at LB is a couple of Zabaleta types. Not overly arsed about all the fancy going forwards, we've got plenty of midfielders and attackers to give us that edge. We need someone who is comfortable supporting the LW and who can defend with hunger and pride for the club. Yeah don't get me wrong Andy Robertson gets double digit assists and all, but how many assists do their midfield get compared to ours? Just a bloody good defender who's good supporting the attack when needed. Can't be that hard right?

Is a fucking excellent view.

He's no better than Mendy.

Who are the best left backs in the world right now? We just need to start with the best and go down that list to the best who would be available and buy them. Cost, personality, nationality all irrelevant, just get the best available. Pretty sure Chilwell isn't very near the top of that list.

Not so fast, my friend. We may want to take this into account. If it is a loveable twat when he is on your team, like Bellamy ok. But if the guy is a dick no thanks.

Think we’d struggle to sell Mendy, could possibly sell Zin.

I think at £15 million-20 million Saka would be far better value.

Whilst not of the standard of Chilwell yet, I do think in the games we dominate he would provide a lot more going forward and large amounts of energy.

Gaya's release clause is 100 million euro's. Even Chilwell would be cheaper.

And anyone on here saying Zinchenko is better than x player needs to wobble their head. He is atrocious at defending and is next to useless in attack.

Interesting, I didn't know that. Are you confident we'd have to pay 100m though? Valencia have debts exceeding €250m so I reckon we could negotiate below the £70m being suggested for Chilwell, plus he's better.

I know they've been a bit shit since the restart but Sheffield United's defenders are all brilliant. Mad how we aren't linked to some of them

I agree. They’ve arguably been the leagues best defenders this season. We never go for players like that though anymore.

cheaper, hard working players who we can develop into world class players. Zaba being a perfect example of that

Gaya's release clause is 100 million euro's. Even Chilwell would be cheaper.

And anyone on here saying Zinchenko is better than x player needs to wobble their head. He is atrocious at defending and is next to useless in attack.
Not useless in attack. He's always meant to be a left sided CM and not a LB who goes forward. If you watch us against Burnley he slipped some nice passes into space for Silva to start the attack. That's his job. Gaya would be just as terrible in defending.

Was on the tube and from to Arsenal last year. Full of Arsenal fans, everyone of them to a man thought Saka was a liability and were dreading him being selected. Come to your own conclusions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.