Ben Chilwell

Benchill you mean...; )
When he signed for Chelsea, I had talk sport on in the back ground and it must have been O' Hara..... I kept hearing him go on about Benchill and thought, ''why is Benchill being mentioned a lot?''
Then when I listened carefully, I realised he was saying Ben Chillwol - with the 'wol' very fast and low

Chelsea will demand a crazy transfer fee for this constantly injured player.
No thanks.
Not so sure they will, they will have to bring in a lot of cash this summer and get players off their insane wage bill, there may be some bargains available, even more so if they don't make top 4.

Why don’t we just make Ake our official left back? Seems like the easy answer to me. He’s great over there
Aké's injury record is also not exactly spotless, we need a plan for if he's not available. Laporte does a job out of position but is also someone we have to take care of fitness wise, and Gomez has some serious defensive frailties.

Aké's been fantastic in his current role, effectively the left of a back 3.

Chilwell has a bunch of experience as a traditional left back in a 4, or a wing back in a 5. So they'd each fill a different niche and we'd use whoever was suited to how we were approaching a specific match.

A bit of formation flexibility is no bad thing.

Too many injuries. No thanks. Don’t want their cast offs to balance their books

Sums it up for me. If he isn’t good enough for them why do we want him? We should be looking at whoever they have keeping him out the team and bid for them.

Secondly, as you say he’s injured too often, we already have most of our defenders sat in a treatment room half the season, doesn’t matter how good one is if they’re not on the pitch.

Having said all that though, who else is there who’s a quality left back?

Sums it up for me. If he isn’t good enough for them why do we want him? We should be looking at whoever they have keeping him out the team and bid for them.

Secondly, as you say he’s injured too often, we already have most of our defenders sat in a treatment room half the season, doesn’t matter how good one is if they’re not on the pitch.

Having said all that though, who else is there who’s a quality left back?
Benjamin Mendy?

Good left-backs are hard to come by. Personally I’d take him anyway. We’ve got Ake to cover.
Lewis hall is one I would look at a great long term left back for the club and player will want to leave when they are 3rd choice in their position

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.