Ben Chilwell

If we were to sign him we would need him to be able to get up to speed quickly like say Ruben did. We do not have a repeat of the Kalvin Phillips situation where he has effectively contributed nothing in the first half of the season and is not really showing any signs of becoming a useful, trusted player any time soon.

It can take players time to adapt to playing for Pep so stringing this out further by signing injury prone players is not sensible.

Can anyone recall why he preferred Chelsea to us when leaving Leicester?

Really? One major injury but usually 35-40 starts a season prior to that? If he has an injury free 6 months before next season I would, depending how the price is

He's barely played any football this season and last season. He's played 26 games total across both seasons. He was totally fine until last season, usually averaged about 30 games per season. Huge risk to buy him as he won't be cheap, but I doubt Chelsea would even entertain a sale unless you came with a mind-blowing offer.

If we were to sign him we would need him to be able to get up to speed quickly like say Ruben did. We do not have a repeat of the Kalvin Phillips situation where he has effectively contributed nothing in the first half of the season and is not really showing any signs of becoming a useful, trusted player any time soon.

It can take players time to adapt to playing for Pep so stringing this out further by signing injury prone players is not sensible.

Money ? Isn’t that usually what it’s all about but throwing in the old I’ve come to win trophies..

Did we actually make an offer for him in 2020 or were we just interested? Might just have been that we didn't want to get into a bidding war.

He's barely played any football this season and last season. He's played 26 games total across both seasons. He was totally fine until last season, usually averaged about 30 games per season. Huge risk to buy him as he won't be cheap, but I doubt Chelsea would even entertain a sale unless you came with a mind-blowing offer.
Probably he got Chelsea injury curse

He's barely any football this season and last season. He's played 26 games total across both seasons. He was totally fine until last season, usually averaged about 30 games per season. Huge risk to buy him as he won't be cheap, but I doubt Chelsea would even entertain a sale unless you came with a mind-blowing offer.
Maatsaen instead will be fine

Maatsaen instead will be fine

The thing is I could see us cashing in on him but I don't know if we would sanction a move to City. He's very talented and Kompany has done a great job with him.

I said last summer that signing Cucurella could prove to be short sighted with Maatsen's potential to explode (he was being heavily linked with Dortmund at the time) because if he does, there would be literally no space for him with Cucurella and Chilwell in the squad.

The thing is I could see us cashing in on him but I don't know if we would sanction a move to City. He's very talented and Kompany has done a great job with him.

I said last summer that signing Cucurella could prove to be short sighted with Maatsen's potential to explode (he was being heavily linked with Dortmund at the time) because if he does, there would be literally no space for him with Cucurella and Chilwell in the squad.
Would definitely take him at City

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.