Benat

SuperYaya said:
I would take him, heard good things.

Think there's too much pressure on Silva as our only true passer of the ball at the moment. Like Barca I think we need two great playmakers to make it work.
Fabregas, Xavi, Iniesta, Thiago, Busquets, Pedro, Messi

Been average when Ive watched his this season apart from his goal vs Madrid and his wonder free kick (cant remember who it was against). He will cost 15-20 million so he wont be cheap and I cant see how he would fit into our system especially if Mancini stays as a partnership of him and Yaya in the middle just wont be solid enough. I would much prefer a player like Fernandinho/Ramires who will give us plenty of energy in the middle and complement Yaya.

I envision a Benat and Garcia midfield with Yaya ahead of them.

15-20m isn't cheap but with the quality that he can deliver that price has to be expected. Fernandinho and Ramires come no where near in terms of technical ability.

Maybe in an ideal world a Fernandinho---Benat partnership would have been better as it would provide the energy and athleticism and the technical skill.

The other option is Paulinho who from what I can see combines both although is untested in Europe.

kun said:
SuperYaya said:

Think there's too much pressure on Silva as our only true passer of the ball at the moment. Like Barca I think we need two great playmakers to make it work.

Busquets, Pedro and Messi are hardly playmakers.
Clutching at straws a bit aren't you?

mgreenz97 said:
kun said:
SuperYaya said:

Just because they have more to their game doesn't mean they aren't creative players. Pedro may be a bit of a stretch but Busquets and Messi are two of the best passers in europe. For you to imply that the guy who starts most attacks for the best attacking team in the world (Busquets), and one of the greatest players of all time which every attacking move is played through (Messi), aren't playmakers is an extreme case of "clutching at straws." Learn something about football.

BobbyQ90 said:
mgreenz97 said:
kun said:

Just because they have more to their game doesn't mean they aren't creative players. Pedro may be a bit of a stretch but Busquets and Messi are two of the best passers in europe. For you to imply that the guy who starts most attacks for the best attacking team in the world (Busquets), and one of the greatest players of all time which every attacking move is played through (Messi), aren't playmakers is an extreme case of "clutching at straws." Learn something about football.

kennethwilliams.jpg

BobbyQ90 said:
mgreenz97 said:
kun said:

I'm not saying they're not good players obviously. But just because they're great players (which Busquets and Messi obviously are) doesn't mean they're great play makers. Busquets is a very good passer but I wouldn't really count him as a playmaker, he really just plays it to one of the better play makers in the team.
And obviously Messi isn't a play maker, even if he is undoubtedly the best player in the world.

Didn't mean to come off as if I was having a go, it just seemed like you were stretching the definition of play maker to prove your point.

kun said:
SuperYaya said:

I mean on the pitch at the same time, specifically Xavi and Iniesta as part of their midfield 3.

SuperYaya said:
kun said:
SuperYaya said:

I mean on the pitch at the same time, specifically Xavi and Iniesta as part of their midfield 3.
Fair enough, but my point was that, really, we need 2 or 3 more playmakers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.