Benat

Thought this was worth a bump

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVfS9hr-BDU[/youtube]

Obviously there's only so much you can learn from a youtube video, and it's not going to show you any downfalls he may have, but it's still worth watching so you can see exactly what he is capable of.

His set-pieces are absolutely sublime.

mgreenz97 said:
Thought this was worth a bump

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVfS9hr-BDU[/youtube]

Obviously there's only so much you can learn from a youtube video, and it's not going to show you any downfalls he may have, but it's still worth watching so you can see exactly what he is capable of.

His set-pieces are absolutely sublime.
He could be the player City need. Pair him up with Garcia/Barry in midfield and that'll work so well! He may very well take the creative burden off Silva/Yaya.

His agent has confirmed he is leaving, if we were to sign him I think he could be great for us.

Pair him alongside Yaya and have Garcia/Barry in the holding role behind them. An adapted 4-3-3.

All depends on price but 10m-15m would be a good price imo.

CTID101 said:
His agent has confirmed he is leaving, if we were to sign him I think he could be great for us.

Pair him alongside Yaya and have Garcia/Barry in the holding role behind them. An adapted 4-3-3.

All depends on price but 10m-15m would be a good price imo.

I'd put money on him joining us.
A lot of rumours were going around that Txiki was VERY a while back.

Been watching Benat quite a lot this season as the role he plays is one of my favourite in football and I've felt for a long time we've needed one (we had one with Pizarro briefly but I think Benat is a bit more suited to English football). He had a poor spell not that long ago but overall I think he is definitely good enough to join a bigger club.

I've seen Bayern linked with him but I'm not sure he'd be a starter there. I think he could be a starter here as our central midfield is our weak area besides Yaya. One thing about Benat is though, you're looking at multiple suspensions every season. Rarely a game goes by without him getting a yellow card but he is combative which is a good thing, you don't want a luxury player in your midfield in England and he will get stuck in.

He averages about the same tackles per game as Barry but is a lot more dangerous with his passing and has 7 assists from central midfield this season (Barry has 2).

If we can get him for around £10million to £14million he'd be good value I think. He isn't my preferred midfield signing (Gundogan is better for example though less creative) but of those reasonably priced and realistic is one of the better available options.

LoveCity said:
Been watching Benat quite a lot this season as the role he plays is one of my favourite in football and I've felt for a long time we've needed one (we had one with Pizarro briefly but I think Benat is a bit more suited to English football). He had a poor spell not that long ago but overall I think he is definitely good enough to join a bigger club.

I've seen Bayern linked with him but I'm not sure he'd be a starter there. I think he could be a starter here as our central midfield is our weak area besides Yaya. One thing about Benat is though, you're looking at multiple suspensions every season. Rarely a game goes by without him getting a yellow card but he is combative which is a good thing, you don't want a luxury player in your midfield in England and he will get stuck in.

He averages about the same tackles per game as Barry but is a lot more dangerous with his passing and has 7 assists from central midfield this season (Barry has 2).

If we can get him for around £10million to £14million he'd be good value I think. He isn't my preferred midfield signing (Gundogan is better for example though less creative) but of those reasonably priced and realistic is one of the better available options.

Good post. I think his contract runs out next season, so realistically £10 million could be the price he goes for - especially if you consider the financial state of Spanish football.

Good post, LoveCity. Getting someone to play this role is essential to our success.

Plus I remember him being very good at set pieces, something we're frankly dogshit at right now.

Blue Haze said:
Plus I remember him being very good at set pieces, something we're frankly dogshit at right now.

I whinge about our poor quality set pieces pretty much every game.

Good at set pieces? Buy.

We were well on top of the league for goals from set pieces last year. What happened?

moomba said:
Good at set pieces? Buy.

We were well on top of the league for goals from set pieces last year. What happened?
the only real criticism from last night.Shocking delivery all game and a big reason we've fell short all season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.