Benat

ethan23 said:
MCFC-Scott said:
ethan23 said:
Dont know the first thing about this lad... what does he do? who would you say he is similar too?

He's a deep lying playmaker mate, similar to someone like Modric.

Definitely could with a deep lying playmaker... would love a Xabi Alonso type player

Sounds good. We need a deep lying play maker that can tackle.

He looks good but I can't see it working with him and Yaya as a midfield 2. We'd have similar problems without the ball.

And if we went with a midfield 3 it means no new world class striker (orr Aguero sold - something that would make me cry like a baby!). There's no way 2 of Kun, Tevez and , say, Cavani are going to be happy on the bench.

I think a midfield 2 of Alex Song and Yaya would be more balanced. Adding to that a Cavani and a speedy wide/inside forward like Reus/Jovetic/Sanchez/Isco is a better strategy. Benat is a quality player, he reminds me a biit of Fabregas or even Berkovic, but I'm not sure he's what is best for us.

ElanJo said:
He looks good but I can't see it working with him and Yaya as a midfield 2. We'd have similar problems without the ball.

And if we went with a midfield 3 it means no new world class striker (orr Aguero sold - something that would make me cry like a baby!). There's no way 2 of Kun, Tevez and , say, Cavani are going to be happy on the bench.

I think a midfield 2 of Alex Song and Yaya would be more balanced. Adding to that a Cavani and a speedy wide/inside forward like Reus/Jovetic/Sanchez/Isco is a better strategy. Benat is a quality player, he reminds me a biit of Fabregas or even Berkovic, but I'm not sure he's what is best for us.
Probably be less balanced imo.

Joehannes said:
ElanJo said:

Probably be less balanced imo.

Song is more Barry than Silva
Benat is more Silva than Barry (from what I've seen)

Think we need a mobile combative player with an eye for a pass (a Barry upgrade, if you like) rather than a pure playmaker - if we want 2 up top anyway.

If we are talking defensive contributions:

Benat (per game): 2.1 tackles, 1.1 interceptions
Barry (per game): 2 tackles, 1.6 interceptions
Song (per game): 2 tackles, 2.1 interceptions

Not a lot between them really and none of them hugely impressive. Benat is the most creative of the three though (7 assists this season).

I love watching Benat would be a really good 'option' if we were to completely remake our midfield (with Garcia and Barry leaving), but not sure about him as Yaya's partner. Ideally we need someone who will be all over the place next to Yaya, making tackles and pressing opponents... and ideally someone who can do MORE than just tackle and play simple passes (this was a criticism at De Jong and is one at Garcia).

Some other central midfield defensive stats for perspective/comparisons.

Vidal: 5.1 tackles, 1.4 interceptions
Lucas Leiva: 4.6 tackles, 2.5 interceptions
Lars Bender: 4.3 tackles, 2.7 interceptions
Ramires: 3.4 tackles, 1.6 interceptions
Sandro: 3.3 tackles, 3.6 interceptions
Matuidi: 3.3 tackles, 3.6 interceptions
Arteta: 3.3 tackles, 2.8 interceptions
Alonso: 3.3 tackles, 2 interceptions
Busquets: 2.9 tackles, 1.6 interceptions
Pirlo: 2.7 tackles, 1.4 interceptions
Luis Gustavo: 2.6 tackles, 1.6 interceptions
Gundogan: 2.4 tackles, 2.3 interceptions
Carrick: 2.4 tackles, 2.2 interceptions
De Jong: 2.4 tackles, 1.3 interceptions
Inler: 2.4 tackles, 1.1 interceptions
Yaya: 1.2 tackles, 0.9 interceptions (and why he is NOT a "defensive midfielder")
Javi Garcia: 1.1 tackles, 1.2 interceptions

LoveCity said:

Not a lot between them really and none of them hugely impressive. Benat is the most creative of the three though (7 assists this season).

I love watching Benat would be a really good 'option' if we were to completely remake our midfield (with Garcia and Barry leaving), but not sure about him as Yaya's partner. Ideally we need someone who will be all over the place next to Yaya, making tackles and pressing opponents... and ideally someone who can do MORE than just tackle and play simple passes (this was a criticism at De Jong and is one at Garcia).

Yaya: 1.2 tackles, 0.9 interceptions (and why he is NOT a "defensive midfielder")
He would be PERFECT for our midfield with Yaya.

LoveCity said:

I agree with you, we need more energy in CM.

What's Wilshere's stats like?

Think we missed a trick not getting Moussa Sissoko on the cheap

He's apparently available for £10million (Betis need the money) which is going to be a bargain for someone, but I don't think we'll be in for him now. He has said he'd love to go to his favourite club Athletic Bilbao but I'm not sure they can afford even that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.